I spoke to a rep on Sprint's chat client a few minutes ago:

04/15/2008 11:34:02AM panadero: "I need to buy a new phone, can you tell me what day the Blackberry Curve will be released? I've heard April 16th to the 20th or so..."

04/15/2008 11:35:20AM panadero: "It's the Blackberry 8330"

04/15/2008 11:36:01AM Agent (XXXXX): "We are all unsure of the exact date, however it will be between April 20th to May 1st."

woohoo! getting closer!
    04-15-08 10:42 AM
    It does look like it's right around the Verizon release date. **** maybe the same day.
    04-15-08 10:49 AM
    I sent an email last night to Verizon.

I went a bit over the top. I was a frantic user of another network that was "unreliable" and my contract was up. I said I would only switch if the Curve would be out.

Sadly, the lady was tight lipped. I don't think she saw through my "lie" because it was actually pretty good. I got a "we cannot discuss phones that are currently not offered by Verizon Wireless" and that I should "go on a month-by-month basis until the phone I want is out". Verizon apparently "tests many phones to make sure they are perfect on their network".

Hopefully the 20th. But I'm crossing my fingers and only wishing.
    04-15-08 03:26 PM
    I sent an email last night to Verizon.

I went a bit over the top. I was a frantic user of another network that was "unreliable" and my contract was up. I said I would only switch if the Curve would be out.

Sadly, the lady was tight lipped. I don't think she saw through my "lie" because it was actually pretty good. I got a "we cannot discuss phones that are currently not offered by Verizon Wireless" and that I should "go on a month-by-month basis until the phone I want is out". Verizon apparently "tests many phones to make sure they are perfect on their network".

Hopefully the 20th. But I'm crossing my fingers and only wishing.

Allot of CSR just got release info and spec's last night. Maybe try again. also check the Verizon Curve thread..... Release dates are there for Verizon.
    04-15-08 03:38 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD