i had a couple nextel phones and wanted somthing better without breaking my contract so i got an 8330 through sprint but i cant use the phone much because or reception issues but i had no problems with my nextel. i am looking at taking back my 8330 for an 8350i sinc i have only had it for a week. i think that should solve my reception issue but i see that the 8350i is wi-fi capable. is that the only way to go online with the 8350? will the otter box from the 8330 fit the 8350? i am curious of that because i cut the plastic from infront of the camera so i dont think they will take it back. i also dont need 2-way so i dont know if that will make a differance with the otter box. asside from not using our phone for a phone we love our bb's. what other differances r there?
    02-22-09 08:10 PM
    No you need to buy the 8350i otterbox case. If you are having reception issues then I would try calling sprint first and having the privision your phone. The wifi is so that you don't connect with your data from sprint. You can still have data and get online anywhere on your berry.

There have been some real issues with texting with the 8350i. For that reason I have never got one and I use the 8330. Like I said call sprint and have them provision your phone.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-22-09 09:06 PM
    If your reception is that bad with an 8330 then you might want to do a search for Airave. A few Sprint users have been posting how the Airave has solved their problems, at least at home, as far as weak reception problems.

02-22-09 09:26 PM
    I have the airrave here at home and it has made a world of difference.
    02-22-09 11:16 PM
    Steve, why don't you tell Josh how to get the Airave for free. ;o)

02-22-09 11:20 PM
    Steve, why don't you tell Josh how to get the Airave for free. ;o)

Acct services and a nice convo about how horrible the receptions is and you will get one for free, at least I did

02-22-09 11:45 PM
    Even better if you can get them to waive the monthly charge as well.

02-22-09 11:48 PM
    this Airave u guys are talkingabout will only help at home correct? i work as a machine opperator and for me to talk on my phone i have to go out side for it to be as clear as my nextel. i have also been told that our plant has something in it to make the nextel reception better. but anyways i will look into this. thanks
    Last edited by joshmodelskidoo; 02-23-09 at 05:25 PM.
    02-23-09 05:20 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD