I'm knew here from mytreo.net so please dont anyone harm me in anyway, lol. I dont know all the rules here or how to present questions and such so I am just going to try and ask. I promice I'll be berry nice.

It seems to me that there is upgrade of OS that might be able to be done. But I cant find where to get the upgrade, I clicked a few links that said 4.5 or 4.6 but when I download it its 4.3

So theres a differnce between OS and DM versions? do they need to match?

Sprint Curve 8330
    My Current v4.3.0.127

May I kill two birds with one berry?

I also have a problem with my DM not so much the DM its self. It syncs fine contacts, calander, memo, but I cant load a program with the Application Loader its says there are no apps found that work for my device or something like that.
    10-22-08 08:50 PM
    The OS version and DM version do not have to match. I am presently running OS v4.2.2.196 and DM v4.5. There is a newer OS version for the 8330. You can find it stickied at the top of the 8330 forum.

Upgrading your OS is not difficult, but it is not trivial either. It will be much easier to do, and you will be much more likely to be successful, if you first get some basic familiarity with your BlackBerry. A good way to do that is to perform the CrackBerry Memory Optimization Procedure that's linked in my sig. Created by Forums Moderator Reed McLay, it will show you how to install your device OS on your PC, (which you have to do to upgrade your OS) and will help you optimize your free memory. It's a terrific tutorial procedure. Once you've done that, and understand what's going on, upgrading your OS will be much easier.

When you're ready, find the following post by bmcclure937: http://forums.crackberry.com/f3/prop...ocedure-53359/.

Follow his procedure, and you if have any problems, people here will be able to help you.

The problem you are having with the App Loader is caused by not having your BlackBerry OS installed on your PC. Reed's procedure above walks you through downloading and installing your OS. That's another reason to do it first. When you download the OS to your PC, double-click the file you downloaded and it will install the device OS as a program on your PC. Then you can use the App Loader to install applications.
    10-22-08 10:54 PM
    I will read those threads & stickys you spoke of. I have tried to download my Phone 8330 sprints and the generic one but still no App Loader so maybe this will help after I read. I will check back with an update
    10-23-08 10:50 AM
    I have a Sprint Curve 8330 with the OS v4.3.0.127

on my PC I have DM 4.6 and as far as the phones OS I have Blackberry device software 4.30 for Blackberry 8330smartphone.

My PC OS is XP Home v2003 SP3 I use a USB connection not sure if its 1.1 or 2.0
    Last edited by coachcurtisbusse; 10-23-08 at 11:06 AM.
    10-23-08 10:56 AM
    I have a Sprint Curve 8330 with the OS v4.3.0.127

on my PC I have DM 4.6 and as far as the phones OS I have Blackberry device software 4.30 for Blackberry 8330smartphone.
    If you look in windows control panel add/remove programs, you should see two BlackBerry entries, one for Desktop Manager and one for the OS. If you've got both, you're good to go and the App Loader should have no problem loading apps.
    10-23-08 11:06 AM
    I just spoke with the folks at Sprint and RIM today and they both informed me that Sprint has not signed on to v4.5 yet. They are still running tests to make sure that it works properly with there system and won't release an update until they finish. :-(
    10-23-08 11:38 AM
    I have tried to upgrade and I think I got close but it says it cant load 4.5 cause uts not configured right its missing files but its in my PC add/remove programs area does anyone have the correct 4.5 XXX for the sprint 8330? thats where I am at stuck? I wiped my Curve mem, and loaded 4.6 DM and loaded 4.5 8330 curve smartphone but wont load
    10-23-08 04:49 PM
    I just spoke with the folks at Sprint and RIM today and they both informed me that Sprint has not signed on to v4.5 yet. They are still running tests to make sure that it works properly with there system and won't release an update until they finish. :-(
    Thanks, I was just about to go home tonight and try it. Saves me the trouble.
    10-23-08 04:56 PM
    I tried but no go, I got a 507 white screen. I realy thought it was going to work. Just started then half way through said cant find device. Some how My wife brought it back to life with the old OS I dont know how cause I thought it was a gonner so I went to sleep off my depression of and 2 hrs later she called me on our home phone from the curve I bricked I saw the caller ID and was not so sad anymore.
    10-24-08 09:57 AM
    Has anyone else got this 507 I think it said 561 1st but Im not sure. Has anyone else got this why did you / they and did you still upgrade?
    10-24-08 05:39 PM
    I've downloaded the 4.5 DM and it's on my pc but it doesnt see my phone at all. Matter of fact i only see my phone in mass storage mode but it doesnt connect to DM at all anymore.
    10-27-08 04:33 PM
    Any update on when Sprint is supposed to release 4.5?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-27-08 04:43 PM
    that seems to be the #1 question. I am obsessed with upgrading my new curve, lol, and I have only had it two weeks. I love this phone, got one for my husband also. Question, will the new 4.5 have the mms and the html viewing?
    10-27-08 10:03 PM
    mms is a function of the network, not the OS. No blackberry on sprint has MMS yet.

Yes, 4.5 has html email. I've been running 4.5.0.77 on my sprint 8330 for months now with zero problems.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-27-08 10:29 PM
    I have had my 8330 from Sprint for a couple weeks now. I decided to upgrade the OS from the BB site so I could take advantage of the 8 GB memory card. I followed the upgrade procedures from this forum and the upgrade worked perfectly. I got my new 8 GB MicroSD card today, plugged it in and it works like a charm.

My advice: Don't treat the upgrade instructions as a suggestion, follow them step by step. Do the backup as recommended. And make sure you're getting the upgrade for the correct device. I know at least one person that didn't pay attention to that and piched a fit that the upgrade wouldn't run. Turns out he chose the wrong model when he downloaded the upgrade file.
    10-30-08 01:56 AM
    How do I install an upgrade from my Mac if it needs to be done through the PC desktop? I use Missing Sync to install my applications and to sync with my Mac.
    11-09-08 11:11 AM
    How do I install an upgrade from my Mac if it needs to be done through the PC desktop? I use Missing Sync to install my applications and to sync with my Mac.

You don't, not with a Macintosh.

You will need access to a Windows computer for the device software upgrade.
    11-09-08 11:24 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD