Welcome to the CrackBerry Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
    CrackBerry Newbie

Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

Default Sprint 8330 downgrading from 4.5 to 4.2 OS

I am hoping someone out here can help me. I have been searching all over to try and downgrade my BB8330 with Sprint from the 4.5 OS to the 4.2 OS. I have had nothing but problems with the 4.5, but cannot find 4.2 ANYWHERE!Someone please help! Thank you! (I have searched the forums here, Blackberry.com and even contacted my local Sprint store--no luck)
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    3,226 Global Posts

The 8330 never had 4.2 did it?

They started out with 4.3.
    CrackBerry Abuser

I don't know about your carrier, but mine (Telus) links the phone's support page with the BB OS download page I device software. They arrear to list all of the OS's from date of release, but I can't swear to that, it certainly seems to be the case.

Have you tried tracking your carrier device or software. support to the BB website (sorry to ask if you already tried). If your carrier doesn't make earlier OS versions available, you could download 4.3 from another carrier. And follow the instructions on other posts re deleting the vendor file and downgrading. Just a few thoughts, sorry there,s no quick fix. Good luck.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    3,226 Global Posts

The 8330 never had 4.2 they started out with 4.3 and they were launched not long before 4.5 was launched.

you can download Sprint 4.3.0.198 from here...https://www.blackberry.com/Downloads...BB765225CE8C0E
    CrackBerry Newbie

Thread AuthorThread Author   #5  

Thank you, I will try that. It looks like the link I tried yesterday but it would not load onto my computer and I had already erased 4.5 off the computer. You may be right about the 4.3; I truly don't remember.
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    3,226 Global Posts

Yeah, I got mine the day Alltel launched it and it had 4.3 on it.

I deleted my previous posts because I got to thinking about it...lol.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    CrackBerry User

Download Software