Hey folks,

My curve is only 2 weeks old and the battery life has been steadily getting worse since I first got this thing. At first I thought it was the BT so I turned that off, and its not like I'm chatting away for hours or surfing the web a whole bunch. Today after charging all night and unpluging at 6:30 am, I had one phone call that lasted for 10 minutes and other than that it stayed holstered all day and and when I went to check my voice mail tonight at 9:30pm the phone was completely dead. As far as I know I don't have any App's running in the background. Any ideas what the problem could be??

Thanks,
    Keith
    06-29-08 09:54 PM
    I have a co worker that has the curve from sprint and he's complained about his battery life too. I have other co workers th�t have curves from all the other providers and they don't complain at all..guess it might be a sprint issue

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-29-08 09:57 PM
    cdma is harder on batteries the gsm phones. I have the extended batterey for my 8330 and it hold a charge all day. I have, let's say 6 network apps running all day (AIM, Yahoo, Google Chat, viigo, journal bar, facebook.) along with email, calls and texts. Also you need to consider you signal strength. A weaker signal make the phone work harder as it looks for a better signal.

I used to keep Yahoo to Go running, but that put a hurtin' on my battery. And using gps with telenav the juice doesn't last long at all.

Of course YMMV.

06-29-08 10:06 PM
    I have no idea what to tell you... I've had my Verizon 8330 for nearly a month now and i've gotten AMAZING battery life.
    I listen to music, browse on Opera, play sudoku, write emails, etc, and I have to charge it every day and a half, maybe two days.
    I do have a car charger for this phone though, so I'm never far away from a little extra juice if I need it.

I suppose in your case maybe you are either using a ton of programs or just the ones you are using are very energy-intensive? Or possibly you got a faulty battery? Try talking to a CSR and see if they can help you out with charging tips or maybe send you a new battery.
    If all else fails, there are 2600mAh and 1500mAh batteries on this website you can buy that should increase your usage time by a lot.
    06-29-08 10:13 PM
    Make sure you close out your browser and other apps you aren't using. Just escaping out leaves them running in the background. If your browser is on a page that autorefreshes, it will drain your battery fairly quick.

To fully close out an application, hit the menu, scroll to and click close.

You may also want to try setting your roaming options to home only. Searching for signal in fringe areas will suck your battery down quick.
    06-29-08 10:34 PM
    have been using sprint bb curve for about a week. So far I have not had any issues with the battery life. It's actually been pretty good. I always make a point to close out all the apps tho. I only keep the 5 that i can't close.
    06-29-08 11:24 PM
    I had that problem 1wk ago and figured out it was because of roaming. The signal is not great when am home. I changed to home only and my battery lasted much longer. May noy be ur issue but try it.

06-29-08 11:35 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD