I found a new Sprint blackberry 8330 in the box still. I'm on Tmobile so I was researching if I could unlock it. I found out I couldn't and worse yet I found through a site that you can insert the ESN number that it was reported lost or stolen so I can't even sell it. My question is, what can I do with it? It's pretty much a paperweight. Can I use the Calendar and camera phone on it and turn off the radio or will they trace the phone to my location somehow and get me in trouble? I'm not trying to do anything illegal but I don't have a camera phone and wouldn't mind using it for that as long as I can't do anything else with it. Thanks for your help.
    09-14-08 05:16 PM
    they can track it if they obtain a legal warrant
    likely hood of them ever finding it
    very small
    09-14-08 05:18 PM
    Well you can't use the 8330 on T-Mobile. The 8330 is a CDMA phone, and the T-Mobile network only accepts GSM phones.

You could still use the device as a calendar/camera phone though if you wanted. If you didn't do anything illegal you should be fine leaving the radio off... seems suspicious that you are worried about it though.
    09-14-08 05:20 PM
    you can't use a sprint curve on anything but sprint, they don't use sim cards so you can't unlock them

09-14-08 05:23 PM
    sell it on the streets to some sucker...if they ask for your name, tell them your name is Steve Jobs...he is good at taking peoples money for a product that doesn't work...D'OH
    09-14-08 05:27 PM
    sell it on the streets to some sucker...if they ask for your name, tell them your name is Steve Jobs...he is good at taking peoples money for a product that doesn't work...D'OH

WHOA!!

BURNNN!!!
    09-14-08 05:29 PM
    Well you can't use the 8330 on T-Mobile. The 8330 is a CDMA phone, and the T-Mobile network only accepts GSM phones.

You could still use the device as a calendar/camera phone though if you wanted. If you didn't do anything illegal you should be fine leaving the radio off... seems suspicious that you are worried about it though.
    I'm worried about it because i'm an honest person and don't want to get caught up in something illegal. Thanks for everybody's help. I just want to make sure they aren't going to track me if the radio gets turned on somehow. I know i'm just paranoid LOL
    09-14-08 05:43 PM
    I'm worried about it because i'm an honest person and don't want to get caught up in something illegal. Thanks for everybody's help. I just want to make sure they aren't going to track me if the radio gets turned on somehow. I know i'm just paranoid LOL
    Well if you didn't do anything wrong, then you're fine.
    09-14-08 05:46 PM
    You can only use it on sprint. You are not going to get in trouble from sprint. You found it, not like u stole it from someone r out the store. You know how many people find phones n uses them n also sell phones on ebay like that? My ex bf got me an i880 from ebay n when I called to switch my insurance they just said I can't cuz that phone was reported lost, but they never said anything. I was pissed but I told him my ex got it off ebay n the guy was like oh ok. But I used the phone for like a year n half wit no problems. But welcome to cb!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-14-08 06:32 PM
    now if only i found a brand new curve, in the box...

09-14-08 06:35 PM
    if you take it to sprint thay will give u 50 bucks
    09-14-08 06:37 PM
    why don't you switch to sprint and use it?
    09-14-08 06:38 PM
    if you take it to sprint thay will give u 50 bucks
    thats not very good incentive. where does it say they will do that?
    09-14-08 06:41 PM
    why don't you switch to sprint and use it?
    I was considering that, but the whole lost and stolen ESN probably would be a problem. I'm at the end of my contract and was looking at switching but if I have to buy a new phone for Sprint i'll just wait and buy the bold from AT&T.
    09-14-08 06:44 PM
    you should ask them about the esn. some people have good luck on the voice, i am one of them. and they're supposed to be cheap too.
    09-14-08 07:15 PM
    all you have to do is call sprint and ask if the ESN is clean....if it is you can use or sell the phone....
    09-14-08 07:49 PM
    You know, I was walking down the street the other day, and I found a 2007 Lexus i250 AWD, in the BOX, the VIN# stated it was stolen, u think if I drive it, I would get in trouble?
    09-14-08 08:11 PM
    What website gave you the status of the ESN?

As far as I know, each carrier maintains their own list of ESNs, and that list is only accessible by the reps of that company - not on a public website
    09-14-08 08:19 PM
    Exactly my point, unless in on USA TODAY as a major robbery

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-14-08 08:33 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD