Has anyone recently took their sprint 8330 in for repair at sprint? I just purchased one from ebay because I like the 8330 itself but the trackball is a little slow. I don't know if its because I'm new to the blackberry scene or what but will they give me another 8330 or will they give me a 8530 as a replacement?
    02-07-10 07:19 PM
    go into your options and speed it up
    02-07-10 07:21 PM
    Yes options screen and keyboard, general and there should be a setting. unless you have insurance sprint will charge you. They have a ton of 8330 refurbs so no new 8530... Your curve is a more solid device than the 8530 less features but just not as solid a device.
    02-07-10 07:35 PM
    Has anyone recently took their sprint 8330 in for repair at sprint? I just purchased one from ebay because I like the 8330 itself but the trackball is a little slow. I don't know if its because I'm new to the blackberry scene or what but will they give me another 8330 or will they give me a 8530 as a replacement?
    Note that if you purchased the device from eBay, your carrier is unlikely to provide warranty support on the hardward.
    02-07-10 07:37 PM
    If the trackball turns out to need replacement, its very easy to do your self and they are available here on CB or eBay for a few bucks.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-07-10 07:41 PM
    Note that if you purchased the device from eBay, your carrier is unlikely to provide warranty support on the hardward.
    I purchased several phones from ebay and Sprint serviced them under my TEP plan......
    02-07-10 07:47 PM
    If you decide to replace it yourself, this should help.

How to Clean the TrackBall

You can probably find a video of the procedure on youtube.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-07-10 07:49 PM
    If you had TEP *before* you bought the phone on eBay it will transfer to the new device. My understanding is the phone has to actually work for a period of time before it can be serviced if it was third party though (so you aren't just getting junk phones and turning them in for insurance replacements immediately), but it should transfer no problem.

If you didn't have TEP before, I'm not sure if the window to enroll opens if you purchase a phone like that that isn't from Sprint or an authorized reseller.
    02-08-10 05:55 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD