Alright guys, I've done this several times before but this time it's no-worky..

new 8330 (ESN, and not 8330m) came in the mail today from insurance, trying to update the OS to the 5.0.0.438 after installing it and deleting the vendor.xml (of course), I load up Loader.exe, turn on the berry, link it up successfully (detected the PIN and linked) only to be confronted by a message claiming "The BlackBerry Desktop Software does not have BlackBerry Device Software for the device that you have connected to the computer. Contact your wireless service provider or system administrator."

Win7 64-bit; Desktop Software 5.0.1

Please help!!
    04-21-10 08:14 PM
    im having similar issues, went back to desktop software 4.7 and still nothing, i also have windows 7 64 bit. no one seems to respond to anything i post about os 5.0.0.438 and my curve 8330.
    04-21-10 08:43 PM
    Tried everything but eventually figured it out.. Just wiped it with JL Commander and it then allowed the 5.0.0.438 install. So for those who are trying this one with a brand new 8330.. I noticed a few differences with the insurance 8330 I got 3 months ago, and this one has a few other differences, physically, from even that one. I'm assuming somehow the ROM was locked ?? Who knows.. I'm not quite that advanced like many of you CrackHeads <3
    04-21-10 08:46 PM
    Did you run Loader.exe as an administrator? I received that message at times when using my Windows 7 laptop, so I first performed the upgrade via a Windows XP computer, then switching the properties setting of Loader.exe to Run as administrator with no problems ever since. I hope this works for you.
    04-21-10 08:50 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD