I took out my trackball in my 8310 to clean it with Alcohol (Absolute 200 proof)

and now it wants to select everything, even when not touching the phone, did I not put the trackball in right? it seems to do it both up and down, its not secured in there though the ring seems to do that

no other moisture has gotten to this device, and it didnt even do this until the next day after cleaning it, and I have recently updated the OS to the most recent one, but this was happening before that..
    08-13-10 12:07 PM
    Well I can say is take it to your carrier and get a new one. They should replace it for free.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-14-10 07:30 PM
    not if I bought it secondhand, T-mobile wont do that.
    08-14-10 10:52 PM
    What do you mean secondhand, you bought the phone from another person?

08-14-10 11:07 PM
    yea, awhile ago.
    08-15-10 11:59 AM
    Its ok, I bought my curve secondhand from eBay, and Sprint still replaced the trackball for free. They really have no way of telling it was bought seconhand.

08-15-10 01:07 PM
    cept it was an AT&T phone that I unlocked, I think they can tell from the AT&T logo on it
    08-15-10 02:40 PM
    Oh, well yeah then they can tell Well just buy one from the CrackBerry store, or buy a T-Mobile housing and put it on your phone. Don't ever buy a trackball from eBay though. I learned from my mistake.

08-15-10 06:14 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD