So my phone the otherday just decided it was going to stop letting me hear other people on the phone.
    speakerphone option is only there right after i turn my phone on and try to make a call, as soon as i try to click speakerphone the menu disappears and when i open it again speakerphone is missing.

Now i know my ear speaker works just fine as when i play music, i can make it play through that and it works just fine.

warranty is out the door due to me breaking my screen and replacing it myself for cheap.

any ideas? is it a bad connection somewhere for the ear speaker when i do phone?

speakerphone works just fine with music, option shows up and everything, so no issues there.

any ideas?
    10-26-09 09:54 PM
    Have you pulled the battery with the power on? Wait 30 seconds before installing eh battery.

You said you turned the phone on, but that isn't the same as doing a battery pull with the power on to reset your BB.
    10-26-09 10:20 PM
    ive tried the hard battery reset numerous times, it seems to work for a quick second, as when i dial, i hear the first 3 digits via a tone from the speaker, but then it dies right away
    10-26-09 10:33 PM
    Have you tried the shortcut key for speakerphone while in a conversation or a headset/bluetooth headset?
    10-26-09 10:59 PM
    that does not work either, im not sure whether i need a new midplate or a complete new housing to help
    ive looked over the mainboard and there seems to be no signs of electrical shorts. im kind of thinking something about the connection
    like when i go to press some buttons or something and the connection loses
    10-26-09 11:06 PM
    Maybe nobody likes you, and they are just ignoring you? LOL jk

What OS are you running?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-26-09 11:27 PM
    most current one sprint has out. maybe that may be an issue to? I wanna say 4.5.0127 or something like that, i cant check at the moment because phone is apart and im trying to see what the problem is
    10-26-09 11:34 PM
    well, problem solved. I took the mainboard out and took all parts off, soaked it in rubbing alcohol and then put it on top of a fan, magically, it works!
    10-27-09 12:02 AM
    It was probably the contact between the mainboard and the speaker.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-27-09 01:49 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD