Anyone have problem with static in their earpiece? I had this happen right after I bought my 8330 in June but then it stopped as soon as it started (a call or two later). Now it's back and I'm not sure why. I have 4.5.97 loaded but it worked fine. The only thing that I can thing of is I downloaded the animated fireplace theme the other day but I don't have it activated/running right now.
    11-29-08 02:43 PM
    Could be a short in the wiring.
    11-29-08 02:56 PM
    That's what it sure sounds like. Is this common or been reported before?
    11-29-08 03:41 PM
    I wouldn't say it's common, but it isn't unheard of.
    11-29-08 03:43 PM
    I'm having the same problem. I bought my phone in mid October and about two weeks ago this static started in my 8330. From my knowledge of computers/electronics, the static that I'm getting is a hardware problem and not a software issue. Tech support wanted me to do a hard reset on my phone, but that will correct software glitches, not hardware - like a speaker that is shorting out. Sometimes, static can come across the cell phone towers, but what I have sounds either like a blown speaker, or like something is shorting out. I'm thinking either a loose wire or some built up pocket lint.

I took it to Verizon today, they took a can of air and blew out the speaker, but it still sounds fuzzy. No other help, just said they could send a replacement phone.

--Good luck troubleshooting
    12-12-08 09:33 AM
    did you drop it? they will blow the speaker sometimes when u drop them. i had to get mine refurbed after it got crackly after "reason unknown"
    12-12-08 11:38 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD