Hello my fellow crackberrians, I'm fairly new to the forum and to blackberry ownership. I got a Curve 8320 back in August, so far so good. However recently my speakerphone has not worked. When I press the speakerphone button, nothing happens just silence during a call, I can't hear them but they can hear me. Then when I listen to my media player I don't hear anything unless I press the speakerphone button, and then it only plays it thru the handset and not thru the speaker if that makes sense. Its driving me crazy because I can't listen to music without plugging in my headphones and my phone doesn't ring. Please help. Tried the battery pull and nothing.

Trhonda
    09-28-08 09:35 PM
    bump, gosh I hope I don't have to send in my phone, I dread being away from her! Hopefully someone comes up with a solution that doesn't involve me sending her in
    09-29-08 10:15 AM
    Welcome to CrackBerry.

That does not sound good. If the internal speaker has failed, you will have to replace it.

Use the built in diagnostics to check it out. Options / Status and type TEST.
    09-29-08 10:30 AM
    Thanks for the tip I did the test and the speaker test failed So I guess I will have to go to the T-mobile store for replacing. They want to verify there is not physical damage to the phone prior to replacing. Will a replacement/fix cost? I didn't purchase the warranty because I got the phone online and wasn't offered one.
    09-29-08 11:11 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD