Hey all. Been a lurker for a few months, but decided to register and ask a question (typical, right? I know... LOL!).

I just received the black SoundID SM100 Bluetooth headset from Buy.com the other day (at a steal of a price at $59.99). It works great, except for 2 problems (one of which has been asked but not resolved on here). The one that hasn't been answered (and hopefully fixed with the upcoming 4.5 firmware/OS), is the inability to adjust the volume from the phone (it's stuck at 50%). Can't do anything about that it appears.

But the other BIG problem I am having is, I cannot seem to get the Voice Dialing to work from the SM100 without whipping out my Curve and doing it that way. The point of hands-free is HANDS-FREE! LOL! Has anyone successfully gotten their SM100 to activate Voice Dialing through a Curve?

Thanks guys!

-JB
    03-31-08 10:35 AM
    JB -

I also have a SM100 with a BB 8330 -- I am wondering if you figured out how to adjust the volume from the phone -- I am also stuck at 50%.

Thanks.

- JJ
    07-15-08 12:29 PM
    Nope. Haven't figured that out. Also never got a response on the Voice Dialing part...
    07-15-08 12:44 PM
    Nope. Haven't figured that out. Also never got a response on the Voice Dialing part...
    Are you guys able to raise the volume from the headset? And if so, doesn't it raise the volume meter on your curve?

When I raise the volume from my headset, the volume meter from my curve goes up also.
    07-15-08 01:36 PM
    Are you guys able to raise the volume from the headset? And if so, doesn't it raise the volume meter on your curve?

When I raise the volume from my headset, the volume meter from my curve goes up also.
    No, it doesn't -- that is what we are saying. Raising the volume on the SM100 doesn't touch the Curve's volume -- which is stuck at 50%.
    07-15-08 02:44 PM
    JB -

This is only my second day with the SM100, so out of curiosity, I have two questions for you:
    1. Even with not being able to raise the volume on the Curve, are you able to use the SM100 or is the volume just too low?
    2. What feedback have you received from people you are talking to using the SM100 -- can they hear you ok?

Thanks,
    - JJ
    07-15-08 04:21 PM
    JB -

This is only my second day with the SM100, so out of curiosity, I have two questions for you:
    1. Even with not being able to raise the volume on the Curve, are you able to use the SM100 or is the volume just too low?
    2. What feedback have you received from people you are talking to using the SM100 -- can they hear you ok?

Thanks,
    - JJ
    1.) I am able to use the SM100 fine even without upping the volume on the phone. Though at times it IS a bit too low, and at the same time, once you turn the SM100 up past a certain point, the voice on the other line becomes shrill and harder to understand -- thus why I wish I could turn it up on the phone itself to maybe mitigate this effect. Kinda sucks... Then again, the thing doesn't fit in my ear as well as I think it should.

2.) The feedback I get from people who I talk to say that I sound as if I am in a bathroom with the phone on speaker sitting on a table next to me, and that it is sometimes too quiet.
    Last edited by ShnikeJSB; 07-15-08 at 04:40 PM.
    07-15-08 04:37 PM
    Good to know - thanks for the responses.
    07-15-08 04:39 PM
    No problem. Let me know if you ever figure it out.
    07-15-08 09:03 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD