I cant seem to figure out how to move my pictures from my device memory to my Sim card memory, the same for my ringtones...I am trying to allow for max speed, so I want to have everything on the card...but I cant figure out how to do that...if anyone can help me. I try the move here, but it doesnt move. I am lost...sorry....and THANK YOU!
    08-28-08 05:47 PM
    You mean SD Card memory? You can't move pictures or ringtones to your SIM card(as far as I know).
    08-28-08 05:48 PM
    I cant seem to figure out how to move my pictures from my device memory to my Sim card memory, the same for my ringtones...I am trying to allow for max speed, so I want to have everything on the card...but I cant figure out how to do that...if anyone can help me. I try the move here, but it doesnt move. I am lost...sorry....and THANK YOU!
    You mean SD Card memory? You can't move pictures or ringtones to your SIM card(as far as I know).
    Exactly. I missed this the first time I read it. You need a SD card. I believe only contacts (&I could be wrong) are the only things saved to the sim card.
    08-28-08 05:52 PM
    yeah. Only contacts can be moved to the sim. The preloaded ringtones and pictures can't be moved to a sd card, but you can save new pics/ringtones to a sd card if you have one.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-28-08 05:59 PM
    The SIM card is uesless for storage. It only stores 1x name and 1x number per contact. Even then there is a limittion on name length. Then the SIM card will only hold 256 or so entries and it is much slower access than the Device Memory.

So, that said, where will you store email addresses, company names and addresses and multiple phone numbers on the SIM card?

You should always keep your current wallpaper and ringtone(s) in device Memory. When you connect to your PC and the device goes into Mass Media Mode, you will lose your settings if these files are on the Media Card cuz the phoen can't see the card (or the files) in this mode.

ecooper11 and others are correct. Leave the pre-loaded stuff right where it is. They should be regarded as part of the OS.
    Last edited by Pete6; 08-28-08 at 06:15 PM.
    08-28-08 06:11 PM
    You should always keep your current wallpaper and ringtone(s) in device Memory. When you connect to your PC and the device goes into Mass Media Mode, you will lose your settings if these files are on the Media Card cuz the phoen can't see the card (or the files) in this mode.

ecooper11 and others are correct. Leave the pre-loaded stuff right where it is. They should be regarded as part of the OS.
    pete anytime i'm hooked up to dm it will revert back to the original wallpaper for the theme but as soon as i disconnect it goes back to the one i had set
    08-28-08 06:15 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD