I will be getting a Curve 8330 in 42 days (not that I'm counting), and am looking for advice on apps/software for it.

I am a writer by trade, but will likely be working in a different capacity in my next job. I've been reading the posts about Documents To Go being included in 4.5, so I'm confident I'll be able to follow along on how to activate it and get the Excel capability.

There's a probability that I will use Excel for work, but my primary usage now would be for fantasy football (I create spreadsheets that I reference during the draft); currently I carry a folder, but space at the table is tight and I think I'd be the coolest geek in the league if I ran my draft off my phone.

So my first question is, how hard is it to edit sheets on a BB (editing would consist mainly of changing cell colors to reflect player status, and switching between sheets)?

Second question: is Documents To Go the best app for this function, or would eOffice or Grid Magic be better?

What other software is must-have for a newbie to maximize their BB?

I appreciate all advice, and apologize for the length of this post.
    01-21-09 12:21 PM
    I personally can not stand eoffice. I bought it and was actually never able to use it at all because it always locked up my phone... Instead of just being able to view/edit a document u have u upload it and compress it THEN use it it takes forever to do that.... The worste money ever spent.... I love d2g it rocks.... So easy to use and has never ONCE locked up my bb as did eoffice.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-21-09 12:34 PM
    I would use Google and just search arond for office apps, or serahc on the forums for free blackberry apps, blackbery freeware, blackberry office software etc...
    01-21-09 12:47 PM
    Doc's to Go is great! Also for scores and standings download Viigo. It does a lot more than just that, Check it out. I'd also get ESPN for BB which is free!
    01-21-09 12:57 PM
    Thanks to all who responded; I truly appreciate you taking the time to advise.

Looks like I'll be spending a lot of time here soon...
    01-21-09 11:05 PM
    Ooo one thing I forgot to mention abouty dtg is that it optimizes the document for ur viewing. It changes the margins so you don't have to scroll side to side to read the document.... From what I was able to open on eoffice, it doesn't do that

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-21-09 11:08 PM
    chelseytx: thanks for the added info on d2g; definitely sounds like the right program for me.

ghostshell: thanks for the advice. I've already done some rooting around and found some great apps I plan to add.

ILHE1S: thanks for the tips on Viigo and ESPN. I'm always on ESPN anyway, so why wouldn't I want it on my BB?

Again, thanks to all.
    01-22-09 11:21 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD