I bought a bb curve 8300 and I need to migrate my contacts from a sony ericsson k800i. When I try to do it via bluetooth it fails in the direction sony -> bb, although I can transmit in the other direction bb -> sony. When I try to use a third device, a mac book, I can synch sony -> mac, but I cannot do mac -> bb. My bb does not have infrared and I have no access to a windows machine, so I cannot use the software that came along with the phones. I can connect the bb as a mass storage though, so I am wondering if I could copy my addresses to some location where I could import them from... what are my options?.

Thank you in advance.
    10-19-07 06:31 AM
    First ensure that you choose for your contacts to be stored on the SIM card of the phone, and not in the phone's memory. Then you could always use a USB connected SIM card reader, and copy your contacts from one SIM card to the other. Typically the reader has two slots, one for each card, and at a press of a buton, all data is automatically copied from one card to the other. It takes 15 seconds. The device often comes with a blank SIM card too, you can use it to make a backup copy.
    Last edited by Berryman; 10-19-07 at 06:48 AM.
    10-19-07 06:46 AM
    Thank you, I will have a look to see if I can find a retailer for the card reader.
    10-19-07 06:50 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD