Is there a way to set a ringtone for a user so that when the phone is in vibrate mode, if that person calls the phone will ring with only that one person? and everything else stays quite.

I have gone to several sites which require me to install video apps like Flash to view a video. I cannot install the apps.

To piggy back on this, using Opera browser, when I go to youtube it automatically sends me to the m.youtube.com site. I can see the video's but I can't watch them? Do I need to change a setting or something? The curve is supposed to be a multimedia phone that plays videos, music, movies, pictures, voice messages...etc but it really isn't all that it's made up to be. Still a great little toy though.... and It works well for my work and fire company duties.....
    Last edited by yester18; 06-24-08 at 05:29 PM.
    06-24-08 05:23 PM
    Select Profiles>Select Advanced>Scroll to Vibrate>Press the menu button>Select New Exception>in the From field enter the contacts name>scroll down to Use Profile>select the profile you want to always use for that person(Normal)>check and select a custom ringtone if you want>select menu button>select Save. At the bottom of your Profiles menu it should show the names of all people you set an exception for. It should read "Use Active Profile Except for:" followed by the names with a checkmark next to them.
    06-24-08 05:44 PM
    Thanks for the heads up... I know somethings..... But man I could not figure it out at all.....

what about the others.
    06-24-08 05:47 PM
    Thanks for the heads up... I know somethings..... But man I could not figure it out at all.....

what about the others.
    No prob. I don't know about the second thing. But the 3rd problem might just be because of Opera. Youtube videos play fine in the regular BB browser.
    06-24-08 06:02 PM
    Okay thanks.... I gotta get some sleep. I am so burnt out. plus trying to mess with my phone is not good.....

Thanks again..
    06-24-08 06:20 PM
    Is flash player supported? I've not tried to go to any sites using flash at least that I am aware. I was trying to find a solution for watching videos the BB player won't play and so far the only one I have tried is xplayer and I can't seem to see video files I downloaded and it doesn't default to loading video in it. It appears to you can't change the default app designations. Hopefully this will change soon. Strange that they left out changing default apps.
    06-24-08 11:29 PM
    Opera as it is now doesnt play Youtube videos. The OEM BB browser plays alot of them, but there are some I have tried that wont play.
    06-25-08 12:04 AM
    Opera as it is now doesnt play Youtube videos. The OEM BB browser plays alot of them, but there are some I have tried that wont play.
    You want videos? Try blueapple.mobi...
    06-25-08 12:27 AM
    New issue now which may not be due to my Curve. Up until yesterday I was able to use my Plantronic's bluetooth headset for voice dialing. Now when I press the headset talk button my phone goes into the voice dialing screen but freezes. It never gets to the screen which prompts you to enter a command. I left my phone for 10 minutes in the waiting my phone to give me the option to choose an option but it never made it. I thought it might be my headset so I purchased a new one and it does the same thing. I was planning on calling Verizon but figured someone here might know what the problem is.
    06-25-08 07:13 AM
    Cannot is one word.
    06-25-08 07:18 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD