I am puzzled? I am a new (2 week old) BB Curve user on Rogers. I have a 4 MB plan (which if if I do my math right is 4,000 kB (or 4,000,000 characters), assuming rounding. At my current rate it will be gone in no time.

According to minimoni, in a 4 hour period tonight I went from 143 kb traffic to 180 kb traffic. During that time I received 1 email and google sync accounted for another 4 kB of traffic?

The only programs I have installed are minimoni, googlesync (for calendar) and Opera. I have 5 email accounts setup. My blackberry account, 3 gmail accounts and my work account.

Every so often my usage will jump (by as much as 12 kB at a time) with seemingly nothing happening (no emails being received).

What would have caused the other 30 kB or some of bandwidth usage when the phone was sitting idle.
    05-27-08 10:11 PM
    Whenever you open any data related application be sure to hit the menu key and select "close". Maybe some data-dependent programs are continuously running in the background....
    05-27-08 10:13 PM
    Get a plan that doesn't suck?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-27-08 10:15 PM
    Get a plan that doesn't suck?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Not his fault, from my understanding Rogers means he's Canadian, and JUST RECENTLY Bell started offering unlimited data up there. Other than that, my understanding is there are no unlimited BB plans, so not his fault.

and since it seems I just broke 10 posts. I'll link the story for you.
    Unlimited BlackBerry Data Hits Canada - $30/Mo. on Bell | CrackBerry.com
    05-27-08 10:21 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD