for the last couple days, something is running on my BB and it's killing my battery. A little color pinwheel pops on the screen every once in a while....i charged my phone full last night and it was dead by this morning. I have no idea what it is and i'm not quite sure what i need to do. PLease help!! My next option is to upgrade my OS but i don't know if that will help!

Thanks!!!
    10-17-08 07:28 AM
    Check what is running: Alt-Esc will show you what's running.

5 apps always run and can't be closed: Home Screen, Messenger, Browser, Call Log, and Messages.
    10-17-08 07:33 AM
    I've seen recent reports of Facebook causing battery life issues. If you have that installed you may want to try removing it.
    10-17-08 08:13 AM
    I deleted facebook so hopefully that will help. I'll get back in a day or so to see if that helped! Thanks for being a Crackberry abuser mentor to this newbie!

xoxo
    10-17-08 08:26 AM
    Where is the esc key?? Do I have to do that on an computer??
    Last edited by Thatgurl; 10-17-08 at 08:53 AM.
    10-17-08 08:50 AM
    Where is the esc key?? Do I have to do that on an computer??
    Escape key is the back-arrow thingy immediately to the right of your trackball.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-17-08 08:59 AM
    If you wanted to shut something down then how is this accomplished? I have 2 things running at all times that I dont need but am not sure how to shut them down from running in the background????

Wes
    10-18-08 05:28 PM
    To shut them properly go to menu (left of trackball) and scroll to close.

10-18-08 05:31 PM
    Thats just it.....I dont have a menu when I am looking at what is running. Also when I go to the home screen and click menu while on that icon I still dont have a option to close or exit!! hmmmmm
    10-18-08 05:36 PM
    You have to have open the app you need to close. What 2 apps are running all the time?

10-18-08 05:39 PM
    yellow pages.com PTT also my color light app
    10-18-08 05:41 PM
    I don't know, but I would think your color light app would need to be running in order for to work. Push to talk just takes up memory and could be removed completely. You probably opened the yellow pages and did not close it correctly. I would open it and then close it.

10-18-08 05:47 PM
    Get rid of the yellow pages thing, kills your battery. The push to talk, if you dont have that from your carrier i would remove the modules for it. Color light app should be ok.
    10-18-08 05:50 PM
    Ok...definatly dont need the PTT but how do I go about taking it all away? The color light has no way to exit it from a menu so im not sure about this one..............

Wes
    10-18-08 11:51 PM
    set your color back to normal in color app, the uninstall it. the ptt modules can be removed by installing crackmem, which removes unwanted stuff to free memory. Then remove crackmem by uninstalling it also. any problems just pm me or pin message.
    10-19-08 04:37 AM
    This happened to me recently on my bold and it turned out to be facebook. I deleted the application and re-installed it and all is working ok now
    10-19-08 04:45 AM
    Thanks for letting us know. I considered installing facebook, but with the battery issue, I'll leave that one alone.
    10-19-08 06:05 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD