Hi all!

I've been playing around with installing and uninstalling software and now when i boot my BB at some point i get a NullPointerException.
    I accept the error and it looks like the BB is behaving normally, does all it needs to do.
    Now, when i launch some 3rd party apps (GMail, UberTwitter) i get the same message but some i can start at a second attempt (GMail), some won't start ever (UberTwitter).
    How do i know what is wrong here and how do i fix it?

Thanks,

Ton.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-10-09 04:26 AM
    Usually caused by a corrupt memory card. Remove the SD card and reboot phone. If prob goes away then it is the card.
    09-10-09 06:01 AM
    I was thinking the sd card as well

09-10-09 06:24 AM
    If it is an app, look at the event log and see what has an error of 5 and delete the offending application
    09-10-09 06:28 AM
    Event log? Didn't know there was an event log in the BlackBerry. Where can i find this event log?
    Last edited by Toontje; 09-11-09 at 03:48 PM.
    09-10-09 03:13 PM
    Took out the SD card. Same problem.

09-10-09 03:20 PM
    Ok, so the way it looks now, the GMail app is the culprit. I removed it and rebooted the BB, no error. I reinstalled it OTA from m.google.com (same version as before) and immediately after the installation i get the NullPointerException. Also when i reboot the BB i get the error again.
    Tomorrow i will update the OS and reinstall all apps. Let's see if that solves the problem (and if i can install BBM5 now).

Ton.

Hi all!

I've been playing around with installing and uninstalling software and now when i boot my BB at some point i get a NullPointerException.
    I accept the error and it looks like the BB is behaving normally, does all it needs to do.
    Now, when i launch some 3rd party apps (GMail, UberTwitter) i get the same message but some i can start at a second attempt (GMail), some won't start ever (UberTwitter).
    How do i know what is wrong here and how do i fix it?

Thanks,

Ton.

09-13-09 06:24 AM
    Event log? Didn't know there was an event log in the BlackBerry. Where can i find this event log?
    On the home screen hold down the ALT key and press LGLG

09-13-09 06:34 AM
    NICE!! Are there more of those "secret" codes?
    09-13-09 11:00 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD