I have the curve 8330 from Sprint. I have the contact name + number in my address book. However, when someone calls me it just shows the number. This problem is really irking me because I don't know everyone's number in my contacts. PLEASE HELP ME WITH THIS ISSUE!

Thanks!
    10-02-08 08:54 AM
    Likely, your Smart Dialing is not set correctly.

Read this FAQ: My Caller ID name/number do not show when I get a call or SMS - BlackBerryFAQ

Good luck.
    10-02-08 08:55 AM
    Hi-

I assigned individual ringtones for specific people because otherwise, I'd have to rummage around for my glasses to see who's calling.

The assigned ringtone shows up in the contact info, but is not used when these contacts call.

I get default ringtone for everyone. Every blasted time.

Questions:
    1- anybody else have this problem & if so, is there some kind of corrective measure?

2- How long till I get over my befuddlement?

I can pretty much handle the befuddlement, but I'd really like to sort out my ringtone wierdness/idiocy.
    10-02-08 10:33 AM
    i had this problem with a single contact, and it was throwing me for a loop. i realized that i entered the number incorrectly into my address book. oops.

the most simple solution would be to update your address book. re-enter the numbers exactly how your blackberry reads them, or go to your call history and add it to your address book. then do a test call and see if it works. if not, you may have a lemon of a phone.
    10-02-08 10:59 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD