oops that wasnt a curse though, weird. it was
    i
    d
    i
    o
    t.
    06-16-08 02:08 PM
    I'm sure that punk will think twice about the gal he decides to steal from if he ever gets the chance again.

When you took off after him he was probably thinking: 'Wait?! She's chasing me?! Holy ****, I think I just stole from the Bionic Woman! HERE, fine! Take it baaaack! Ahh!'
    06-16-08 02:09 PM
    Okay so holy crap who cares about getting you're bb back... Thank God that little punk did pop a cap in your *** or stick you with a knife. Material objects can be replaced you can't! But all and all congradualtions on your health getting the bb back.
    06-16-08 02:30 PM
    lolol u guys are funny and yeah i had a delayed thinking reaction of what if he had a gun or something! everyone yelled at me for that already
    06-16-08 04:01 PM
    Holy scariness, batman!! That sounds like something you would see in a TV show... Not in reality!! So, so glad you are ok. I would have done the same thing but... I guess we need to remember these are just gadgets - our own personal safety should come first, ya know...

Anyhow, I am, however, glad to hear you still have your precious Berry.
    06-16-08 05:22 PM
    Thats odd that the cops were offering to press charges. Last weekend a lady was robbed at my work, and because she got everything back there was no crime to report. The cops just left.
    06-16-08 05:25 PM
    what? just cuz u they got it back doesn't mean they cant press charges. u got some lazy cops in ur area. its up to the victim if they want to press charges or not.
    06-16-08 06:01 PM
    Awesome! Glad you are ok, and you go girl! To bad at 15 he'll get a slap on the wrist. Sounds like he needs to be charged as an adult, with a prior.
    06-16-08 07:02 PM
    Grrrr I was robbed for my phone before (sidekick 2) I chased after him on the fdr but the ******* was on a bike. He also took it from behind me as I was sitting on a bench. I never got it back, but lucky you. I've learned to hold tight to my belongings as people come closer

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-16-08 07:17 PM
    Purpleberry218, I use roblock it will allow you to remotely lock the berry and wipe it as well as let you send a code to it to set off an alarm on it which is quite annoying you also will have to input a phone number into the software that allows roblock to send a messege to someone you know alerting them of the fact that your berry was just stolen and the sim was removed if you use a sim. The product was $19.99 and can be downloaded from crackberry, hope this helps and I'm glad you got your berry back!

06-16-08 07:41 PM
    If he has priors and they are Violent priors he could get a long hit in jail.
    Also he violently attacked you.
    Make sure the ADA knows that, and you fear for your life if he is set free.
    Today a BB tomorrow a life. the POS belongs in Jail with Bubba and his friends.

06-16-08 09:43 PM
    I'm glad you got your berry back....I would have pressed charges too or did something to make sure the boy learns that it is not right to steal from people. People work hard for their damn money. I can understand if he stole food.....but a phone. ***** please!!

06-16-08 10:32 PM
    Purple, I'm glad that you were safe from harm, and I hope that kid learns a lesson!
    06-16-08 10:38 PM
    holy crap i saw all that in my head. get his *** in jail
    06-16-08 11:43 PM
    wow im glad you are ok and got your berry back!

kids these days...
    06-16-08 11:55 PM
    I am glad you got your berry back and weren't hurt in the process.

It boggles my mind all the people here that are condemning violence in the defense of self or property. Do some of you not realize that if there is no threat of punishment or retaliation that there will be no deterrent to future crime? You can call it "Gun Happy" or "Gun Culture" or just be disdainful of the U.S. and our Barbaric ideas all you want. But when the metal meets the meat it will be me that keeps my property/life/way of life when I or my family is threatened. I used to work as a corrections officer. Most of these kids would feel little remorse at all in beating you to death in order to get what what they wanted from you. I can tell you from experience that this kid will more than likely escalate into more violent crimes in a short manner of time. It has nothing to do with "gun culture". It has to do with worthless parents, a broken justice system, and drug use. He will probably never be a productive member of society. I don't think he should die for this particular crime but the threat of serious bodily injury would have made him think twice about trying to rob a woman. If you abhor gun violence that is fine. But don't differentiate between we martial artists who can kill with our hands and a law abiding citizen who, when threatened, will meet his assailant with a firearm. DEAD IS DEAD. If you are against defending yourself with a gun then you are, by default, against defending yourself from a deadly threat since deadly force must be met with deadly force. Let us not devolve in to a victim based society where defending ones self and family is a crime. Some people choose to defend themselves. Others choose to let someone else defend them. Disagree all you want. But don't condemn as a barbarian the man who may one day risk his life by coming to your aid. Because those of us who do carry guns are willing to help anyone who is need.

"An armed society is a polite society..."--Robert A. Heinlein
    06-17-08 06:45 AM
    i do agree with you all, the fact that he has done it b4 let me know I wouldnt be the last time. I spoke to his gmom and i told her there are so many programs, more options for him a young black man, but it seemed like she wasnt tryna hear me, she had already given up hope. what more can anyone do?
    06-17-08 07:52 AM
    It is really sad. When the parents give up the kid starts to think he/she isn't worth anything. I saw it a lot in my last job. It crosses all racial boundaries too. I saw families of every race/color/creed that just fell apart because the parents were selfish, weak, irresponsible, or addicted to drugs. Usually a combination of all those things.
    06-17-08 08:03 AM
143 ... 456
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD