Hi all, I'm new here, I just bought a 8310 Curve and I am on O2 PAYG (I bought the handset second hand from a friend). OK, so when I go to use the Browser, it tells me that it is "Unable to connect to the internet, please try again later. If the problem persists, please contact your service provider".

This seems to be a common error message, but I would appreciate any help offered on how to rectify this. Could anyone help? If you need any more information, please just ask.
    05-10-09 01:51 PM
    do you have a data plan?
    05-10-09 01:55 PM
    Hi Russ and welcome to CB

Blackberry Services will not work on a payg sim card with o2.

You need a monthly contract and a Blackberry Internet Service Bolt on. The cheapest of these is an o2 simplicity sim, The �20 one comes with a free Blackberry Internet Service Bolt on and it is only a 1 month rolling contract where you can cancel anytime providing you give 30 days notice.

Orange UK do however have a pay and go tariff now for Blackberries if you would like to consider them.

I prefer o2 though as the data allowance is more generous than the orange payg plan.

However you MAY be able to get internet access if you download and install the Opera Mini Browser and enter o2's APN details at options > advanced options > TCP. You would need the o2 web bolt on to cover costs if you do this.

Hope that helps
    05-10-09 01:58 PM
    Go to Options -> Advanced Options -> Host Routing Table -> hit the blackberry button -> select register now, and it should send you a text. Try to get on then.

If that doesn't work, go to Options -> Advanced Options -> Service Book -> highlight Blackberry Internet Browsing Service -> hit the blackberry button -> choose delete -> hit the blackberry button -> choose undelete -> go back, into the Host Routing Table, and register again and see if that works. If not, then I'm not sure. I work for Verizon, and that usually works
    05-10-09 02:02 PM
    Thanks so far guys! I do have the O2 web bolt-on already in place on the SIM. I just made a new thread about the Opera Mini Browser which I now see could have gone in here, sorry for the spam!
    05-10-09 02:03 PM
    Go to Options -> Advanced Options -> Host Routing Table -> hit the blackberry button -> select register now, and it should send you a text. Try to get on then.

If that doesn't work, go to Options -> Advanced Options -> Service Book -> highlight Blackberry Internet Browsing Service -> hit the blackberry button -> choose delete -> hit the blackberry button -> choose undelete -> go back, into the Host Routing Table, and register again and see if that works. If not, then I'm not sure. I work for Verizon, and that usually works
    There isn't that in my list of options...

I hate configuring new things! lol
    05-10-09 02:06 PM

that's what it says on my Storm. It may be called something else :/ I'm not sure, 'cause it's going to be different since you're using a different provider. I'm not sure I tried!
    05-10-09 02:09 PM

That won't work anyway as you cant get Blackberry Services on payg.
    05-10-09 02:13 PM
    However you MAY be able to get internet access if you download and install the Opera Mini Browser and enter o2's APN details at options > advanced options > TCP. You would need the o2 web bolt on to cover costs if you do this.

Hope that helps
    OK, so I've got Opera Mini installed on there now, but it says "Failed to connect to the internet". Understandably, due to the fact I haven't filled in the TCP fields. Where would I find the right details to enter in there?

Thanks again!
    05-10-09 03:47 PM
    Hi again, you have two choices :-

APN - wap.o2.co.uk
    Username - o2wap
    password - password

APN - mobile.o2.co.uk
    Username - mobileweb
    password - password

I think you will have more luck with the mobileweb settings and it is also a faster connection.
    05-10-09 03:52 PM
    Damn, neither of those seem to work...
    05-10-09 04:03 PM
    What is 02 PAYG?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-10-09 06:12 PM
    O2 is the network.

And "PAYG" is Pay As You Go (as opposed to a monthly contract).
    05-11-09 06:56 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD