Hey im back with some more quick questions:
    (I have ATT Blackberry Curve 8310) Just got it two days ago.

1. I was told that getting a media card is a good idea, is any micro SD card ok or are there certain ones?

2. When I go to Options>Status, is that how much space I have left on the device. Mine says about 29255208 bytes(or about 27 MB) is this good or should there be more?

3. Last one, are there any updates that I NEED to get? I havnt had any problems that Im aware of, but I want to know if there are any updates that I need to get.

Thanks
    12-31-08 05:14 PM
    Any card is fine as long as its storage capicity is supported. 2-4gb is fine but if your looking to do 8 or 16 gb you need to make sure you have the newest os.

12mb is the necessary amout of memory you need for your BB to run efficiently. So you are good

You don't need to update, but the newest os will have small advantages. To see what is the newest and what it gives you, check out the sticky at the top of this forum.

Hope that helps.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-31-08 05:41 PM
    1. Media card is a must for recording video (which you need an OS upgrade to do) but its also a must if you want to put music and more than 10 pictures on your phone. Sandisk is most popular but any brand should do.

2. Not sure about a number but as long as your phone is fast and responsive

3. Upgrades aren't really needed more wanted. The OS I put on my phone made the menus look better, let me take videos and other things. You can go to the blackberry website to see what featurs you get if you upgrade to see if its something you want.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-31-08 05:48 PM
    I cant seem to find where the info on the new updates is found, are there links to what new OS would look like?
    Thanks
    01-01-09 09:35 PM
    AT&T BlackBerry Software

http://forums.crackberry.com/f52/new...nguage-114364/

For install instruction to load any carrier 8310 OS on your BB:

1. Back up data on Desktop Manager under Back up/restore option
    2. Back up your 3rd party apps. Instructions here--> http://forums.crackberry.com/f3/how-...cations-53201/
    3. Disconnect your BB from Desktop Manager
    4. Download desired OS to your PC
    5. Install/run OS to PC
    6. Delete vendor.xml file. It's located in c:\program files\common files\research in motion\apploader if the OS is not from your carrier.
    7. Connect BB to Desktop Manager and it should prompt the upgrade. If not click app loader and that should initialize it.
    8. Do not unplug BB during the process. It will take around 30-60 minutes to complete upgrade.

***Steps 2 is optional but recommended
    01-01-09 09:41 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD