So, here's my dilemma:

I currently have the VZW 8830, but i've been wanting to get a Curve for quite a while.

Now, I have the opportunity to switch to the AT&T 8310 for about $40. Should I do it, or should i wait for the CDMA Curve (that supposedly would be EVDO compatible).

I know the typical response is do you want to wait or not... I guess my main concern is the speed of EDGE versus EVDO. Anyone switched from 8830 on vzw over to the curve have any stories?
    01-24-08 11:23 AM
    EVDO is much faster than EDGE. However, there is not even a rumored date for the Curve on Verizon. If you want the Curve you should likely switch.
    01-24-08 11:29 AM
    As I would always ask myself, "Why not?" So, go for it!
    01-24-08 11:46 AM
    Well, I can assure you that edge does suck compared to EVDO. I have browsed the internet on my friends iPhone and it is rather slow compared to my EVDO BlackBerry. But, I haven't really heard any rumors on the CDMA curve, so it may be a while. I guess you just have to choose what is more important to you. Internet speed or device.
    01-24-08 11:57 AM
    I just switched from Verizon to ATT and EVDO is waaaay faster than Edge. But then again, by the time they do bring out a Curve, there would probably be three new models of BBs on the market already and the curve would have been out 18 months everywhere else and is "old" technology.
    01-24-08 06:29 PM
    Damn i guess i suck cause i use GPRS cause i cant get EDGE where i live, im in Northern Ireland, and its rarely the Curve will get EDGE where i am, im using tmobile.
    01-24-08 06:54 PM
    Thanks for all the responses!

I'm curious... the new BB9000 that is being rumored... if it were to come to the US, chances are it would hit AT&T or tmobile before it would ever come to VZW or Sprint, huh?

So i should just switch over to at&t anyway, if I don't want to wait forever for blackberries...
    01-25-08 12:53 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD