Hi everyone. I've been on Crackberry before when I had issues with my Nextel berry. Those times have come and gone and so have that account that I can't remember lol.

I'm now on Alltel with a brand new Curve 8330 that I got today.

My question to you guys is (and sorry if I couldn't narrow down the exact search string to find something like this) What is two pieces of software that you just could not live without on your berry?

Looking forward to getting to know this place better, and finding some awesome pieces of software.

Best regards!
    03-13-09 12:19 AM
    The new quicklaunch app which will be out by saturday.. And slacker Radio
    03-13-09 12:25 AM
    Oh and Yahoo messenger and myspace blackberry app.. )
    03-13-09 12:26 AM
    eOffice -$40 cheaper then Docs2Go and way more feature rich.
    TellMe - simply my favorite and most used app
    03-13-09 12:28 AM
    I could not live without my Weatherbug. It gives wranings for tornados, flash floods, winter weather, hurricanes, etc. It also keeps the temperature on my home screen for easy access.

Another app I use is an app froma local news station. This app notifies me if school is 2 hrs late, cancelled, or called off early. I don't have a landline, so this is extremely important for me. My daughter would hate to be locked out and alone if I didn't know school was let out early for any reason.

Probably not very interesting for most people, but these are my "work" apps not my "play" apps.

BTW, welcome back to CB!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-13-09 12:28 AM
    Thanks i have been looking for tellme ever since i got my new curve i couldnt remember what it was called.
    03-13-09 12:32 AM
    Windows Live or Google Maps - WeatherEye, slacker..
    03-13-09 12:35 AM
    03-13-09 12:36 AM
    Thanks i have been looking for tellme ever since i got my new curve i couldnt remember what it was called.
    No prob Tae. And it is now fully functional with OS 4.5.
    03-13-09 12:37 AM
    Here are some of my favorites...

Beyond411, this is a great free app.

http://thebogles.com/b411.jad

Weatherbug Direct

http://blackberry.weatherbug.com/rel...ugDirect45.jad

QuickText, this app isn't free but I like it better than the free one.

BerryReview MobileStore

QSMS, this is the free quick text app.

http://berrycoder.com/qsms.jad

Google Mobile App (Google Search)

http://m.google.com/m/download/googl...ad?dc=gorganic

03-13-09 12:50 AM
    Thank you all for your awesome, quick
    Suggestions.

03-13-09 12:59 AM
    I forgot to mention...

BBFileScout

BBFileScout Homepage - Software for Blackberry� Devices with OS 4.3 or higher

Berry-a-Code, this is a location caller id app that is not available for download anymore but there is a zip file for it in the Third Party Apps thread and you can install it via DM.

03-13-09 01:32 AM
    Beejive/jivetalk and some Weather app that tells me the weather. It was free! I think it's from weather.com
    Not sure, but i swear by it. I don't even have to open the program up itself to see what the weather is. It shows you if you open up your apps.
    03-13-09 02:01 AM
    just a quick question, trying to download the weather program OTA-weatherbug direct and it won't download, any thoughts? I actually have a lot of issues with OTA programs, getting the error 907-Invalid COD file not found
    03-13-09 12:46 PM
    You have a VZW 8330, and it didn't work OTA? Strange.. I just redownloaded on mine just for testing purposes, and it worked fine..
    03-13-09 02:59 PM

Just downloaded the TellMe app and I have no clue how I have lived without this. Thanks for the link!
    03-13-09 04:13 PM
    BuzzMe
    Keyboard locker
    03-13-09 05:02 PM
    Beejive im

myspace app

slacker radio

hopefully quicklaunch for 8330 soon
    03-14-09 01:04 AM
    I can't live without the 4.5.0.124 device software. Haha! But weather, news, IM, miscellaneous apps. I have no data plan and solely use wi-fi and use free stuff. I am a leecher.
    BBWeather, AP News Mobile, Live Search (map, directions, weather), Jivetalk/BeeJive (multi-client IM), buzzme (vibe+ring), launchpads (a shortcut app bought before I heard quicklaunch was coming to 83xx), logicmail (pop or imap e-mail), flycast (streaming audio akin to slack radio) and opera mini web browser.

03-14-09 04:44 AM
    Nascar sprint cup moblie is great when I work Sundays. Keep up on the races.
    google mobile app is just good for everything
    and of course Crackberry.
    Quick pull is also very handy.
    03-14-09 05:23 AM
    what is the name of the application which will notify you reference school delays etc. I reside in a suburb south of Chicago. Thanks
    03-14-09 06:20 AM
    I could not live without my Weatherbug. It gives wranings for tornados, flash floods, winter weather, hurricanes, etc. It also keeps the temperature on my home screen for easy access.

Another app I use is an app froma local news station. This app notifies me if school is 2 hrs late, cancelled, or called off early. I don't have a landline, so this is extremely important for me. My daughter would hate to be locked out and alone if I didn't know school was let out early for any reason.

Probably not very interesting for most people, but these are my "work" apps not my "play" apps.

BTW, welcome back to CB!

Hey jplumey, ask this person. Or just do what he/she said and look at your local news' website

03-14-09 06:30 AM
    the main one is my OS, it died 2 days ago, cannot reload it and awaiting a replacement, the other (just as important) app is brick breaker.
    03-14-09 07:02 AM
    Its best to sometimes mention where you are getting these apps from and what they do...
    Anyhow a lot of ppl use WeatherBug...
    I went to the options and what to know what a few things mean.
    1) What is Smart Alerting?
    2)If I do WeatherBug portal that will give me a forecast? (like how do I use it?)

Then under Advanced Settings it says Alert Update 15 minutes, Location Update & Temp Update... Temp is obvious but what does the Alert Update & Location update do?
    Last edited by AaronJP; 03-14-09 at 11:15 AM.
    03-14-09 10:57 AM
    I could not live without the Mini-Opera browser. IMHO...heads and above the BB browser. The screen looks like the screen on your PC. It's also easier to browser using their shortcuts. Have you taken a look at the following thread on the main board here re: apps...it has the link to MO there:

http://forums.crackberry.com/f2/popu...d-links-21096/

I also like Viigo although I have not even touched the surface of what it can do. I do read my daily horoscope there though and check on a few stocks.
    03-14-09 11:03 AM
35 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD