I received a replacement phone (refurbished) from Asurion because the headset-out stopped working on my first phone.

The replacement phone has a dramatically different keyboard than my first. It creaks a little when you type on it and the entire keyboard slides around a little within the keyboard housing (the holes in the casing for the actual keys). It's not much but it's definitely noticeable. The keys are a smidge bit smaller than the first and the letters are noticeably smaller. The keyboard is also a bit spongy when compared to the first phone's keyboard. The keys don't have that tactile feel to them.

I could live with all that... except my "R" key is VERY spongy. I have to put 3-4 times more pressure on any other key than the "R" key. It's so bad that when I want to type the letter "T" I often get "rt" because my thumb softly rubs up against the edge of the "R" key depressing it. So typing looks like this -

"I wenrt to rthe srtore rtoday rto pick up some rtomatoes"

It's not really that bad but you get the point. I'd say every third or fourth passing of the letter "T" results in depressing the "R" key. Extremely annoying. What's worse is that you don't know it until you look at the screen because there is no tactile response on the "R" key... you just don't know it was pressed. Obviously this is a defect and I do plan on getting it repaired or replaced. How disappointing...

Is this something others have experienced with their phones, i.e. inconsistent keys or keyboards? If so, did you just bring it to a Sprint store for repair or did they have to send a replacement by mail?
    05-17-09 05:25 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD