after 3 months and 3 pearls they decided to stop giving me junk and give me a curve ...

its taking some getting use to and my spelling has gone to shut. hahaha
    07-09-08 03:12 PM
    Niiiiice upgrade!!

You will enjoy, congrats!! I know all the trouble you have been thru from your various threads!
    07-09-08 03:13 PM
    after 3 months and 3 pearls they decided to stop giving me junk and give me a curve ...

its taking some getting use to and my spelling has gone to shut. hahaha
    But does it keep accurate time?
    07-09-08 03:41 PM
    Nice!! Now you gotta update that profile brotha!
    07-09-08 04:05 PM
    pearl isnt junk. i like the pearl almost as much as the curve.
    07-09-08 05:00 PM
    The Pearl is a helluva device......it just ain't my cup of tea.......I am texting impaired so t9 is an obstacle for me........I had one and went to a curve also because I like the keyboard better.....HOWEVER....my 16 yr old son is on a Pearl and pounds it for 7000-9000 texts a month......it is the ONLY device that has held up to that usage for him...........
    07-09-08 05:11 PM
    But does it keep accurate time?

That's a funny story turns out if you live in an area that adjust clocks for daylight savings you Can NOT download the dst patch on newer models it messes them up (I spoke with james at RIM)

In fact what you do is use time setting central time -6 which will adjust for dst and DO NOT USE central america -6 as it does not adjust for dst

So pearl1 was working fine until USCC told me to download that patch

Pearl2 got a back up restore from pearl1 which kept both the central america setting and the patch that messed it up more

Pearl3 had a rattling trackball out of the box
    Which USCC's BB people said is bad hahaha

In short yes the curve with the correct setting keeps its time.

It also has
    Weather bug
    Pacman
    Xplayer
    Soft reset
    CB laincher
    BM
    Mini opera
    Facebook

And over 50 meg free space

Show me a pearl that can do that

Hahaha

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-10-08 10:34 AM
    pearl isnt junk. i like the pearl almost as much as the curve.

Your pearl might be good

MY 3 pearls were junk

The only thing and I mean the only thing I like better about the pearl is suretype. But I'm quickly learning the full keyboard

07-10-08 10:38 AM
    That's a funny story turns out if you live in an area that adjust clocks for daylight savings you Can NOT download the dst patch on newer models it messes them up (I spoke with james at RIM)

In fact what you do is use time setting central time -6 which will adjust for dst and DO NOT USE central america -6 as it does not adjust for dst

So pearl1 was working fine until USCC told me to download that patch

Pearl2 got a back up restore from pearl1 which kept both the central america setting and the patch that messed it up more...

In short yes the curve with the correct setting keeps its time.

You had it set to the WRONG timezone? I've talked to so many people about time zones, I don't remember, but didn't we discuss that as a possible cause of the problem? My bad if I failed to have you look...at least you got it resolved. Thanks for letting me know the outcome.

07-10-08 11:41 AM
    The Pearl was good, but doesn't even begin to compare to the Curve......good choice.
    07-10-08 11:53 AM
    Congrats on the curve. I had a pearl and like me curve so much better. Its all about qwerty. That suretype drove nuts.

07-10-08 11:55 AM
    You had it set to the WRONG timezone? I've talked to so many people about time zones, I don't remember, but didn't we discuss that as a possible cause of the problem? My bad if I failed to have you look...at least you got it resolved. Thanks for letting me know the outcome.

Yes and no. I had it at -6 which is my time zone but one (centeral american) does not adjust for daylighty savings where as the other one (central time) does adjust.

And no one at USCC caught this

07-10-08 09:50 PM
    That's why one is labeled "Central Time (US & Canada)" and the other "Central America." They are separate time zones. I should have caught that. So should USCC. Frustrating, but at least you got it fixed. So it ended well.
    07-10-08 09:58 PM
    I switched from the pearl to the curve then back to the pearl to the curve again (I switched carriers - gsm to cdma). I'm so not use to the curve's keyboard anymore. Does anyone else find it hard to type on it? or is it just me?
    07-10-08 10:21 PM
    I'm still trying to figure out why he's calling the Pearl "Junk" when it had nothing to do with the quality of the first two phones.

BTW, we don't live in Central America.
    07-10-08 10:30 PM
    I'm still trying to figure out why he's calling the Pearl "Junk" when it had nothing to do with the quality of the first two phones.

BTW, we don't live in Central America.

memory leak and lack of a good amount to even start with ... how abotu it locks up aot.. and im not calling the pearl in its whole junk but the 3 i had were. i think i already said that

lets see first BB for me ... im in USA also call America and i live in the midwest so thats central ... hmmm i wonder where i got centeral america at a -6 for might be my time zone...

where as central time is also listed as -6 the only differance is DST or not

and given countly people also didnt catch it ... im not really feeling dumb right now...
    so go ahead and keep acting like someone pisses in your coffee.. it not bothering me any
    07-11-08 06:54 AM
    That's why one is labeled "Central Time (US & Canada)" and the other "Central America." They are separate time zones. I should have caught that. So should USCC. Frustrating, but at least you got it fixed. So it ended well.
    eh it happens...

i learned alot about BBs in the process and i have a working phone.. so im fine with it ..
    07-11-08 06:56 AM
    I switched from the pearl to the curve then back to the pearl to the curve again (I switched carriers - gsm to cdma). I'm so not use to the curve's keyboard anymore. Does anyone else find it hard to type on it? or is it just me?
    i wish the curve had T9 or suretype or something.. my spelling has gone to **** with this thing .. hahaha
    07-11-08 06:58 AM
    I think you'll really enjoy your new Curve. The Pearls never sat right with me...
    07-11-08 06:58 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD