When all of the sudden I check my sms/e-mail folder and all that's left is my e-mails. I should also mention my recent calls were all gone too. If anyone knows what happenned to my 8320 please help me figure it out and any solution to prevent this would be great thanks
    07-24-08 01:54 PM
    First of all... do you have an 8310 or 8320. The post you made says 20 but your info says 10

Either way, go to Options > Status > File Free....

What is that number? If it is under 12,000,000 then follow Stoner's guide in my signature to free up memory!! Your Berry is eating your call logs and messages to allow it to run normally... it does that to clean up if you are running low on memory!
    07-24-08 01:58 PM
    Go to messages folder>options>general options>seperate sms and email boxes

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-24-08 01:58 PM
    Go to messages folder>options>general options>seperate sms and email boxes

I could very well be that as well, but she is losing her call logs too...

Once she reports back with her File Free, we will know for sure!
    07-24-08 01:59 PM
    Mine did that one time...it would not save sms or call log for more than a couple of minutes...eventually i did something that got it fixed but then in 2 weeks it did it again and then my BB crashed on me...it was luckily able to be repalced by warranty but I hope that is not what is happening to ur BB
    07-24-08 02:06 PM
    Every time I see BM's name, he's got more useful links in his signature!
    07-24-08 02:38 PM
    Every time I see BM's name, he's got more useful links in his signature!
    haha

must not have been around for a while... I do not think that my sig has changed for at least a few days!! And that was only a minor change
    07-24-08 02:40 PM
    Iight yea its an 8320 I need to update that but thanks for the help imma playing aroud with it. I'll let u know how it goes and btw I started sending out more sms&mms and it erased em all again. And I like having the email and text together but how is it more helpful to seperate it?
    07-24-08 03:09 PM
    Iight yea its an 8320 I need to update that but thanks for the help imma playing aroud with it. I'll let u know how it goes and btw I started sending out more sms&mms and it erased em all again. And I like having the email and text together but how is it more helpful to seperate it?
    It is not more helpful... unless you prefer it that way. He was only suggesting that because he thought you may have accidentally separated them!

You need to check your Options > Status > File Free and report that number back to us so we can help you out!

If it is under 12,000,000 you are in serious need of some memory optimization or this will keep repeating and repeating!
    07-24-08 03:16 PM
    Alright so I checked out that stoner guide and freed up some memory by deleting the pictures I had. My file free number was 2537168 and I'm on a 2gig sd its really bugging me out how little memory I'm having I just wanna get this fixed so thx for the help
    07-24-08 05:44 PM
    Alright so I checked out that stoner guide and freed up some memory by deleting the pictures I had. My file free number was 2537168 and I'm on a 2gig sd its really bugging me out how little memory I'm having I just wanna get this fixed so thx for the help
    That file free is atrocious!!

And the microSD has nothing to do with your device memory, unfortunately

The media card is used primarily for media (movies, pics, music, ringtones, etc). You cannot use the microSD as an extension to your device memory
    07-24-08 05:49 PM
    So how can I get my file free higher. Also I save all my contacts on both my sim and regular phonebook idk if that makes a difference at all
    07-24-08 07:01 PM
    So how can I get my file free higher. Also I save all my contacts on both my sim and regular phonebook idk if that makes a difference at all
    Either way, go to Options > Status > File Free....

What is that number? If it is under 12,000,000 then follow Stoner's guide in my signature to free up memory!! Your Berry is eating your call logs and messages to allow it to run normally... it does that to clean up if you are running low on memory!
    As I said in the first response on this thread...

Link is in my sig... the guide is self-explanatory
    07-24-08 07:04 PM
    First thing you should do is a battery pull to get your file free stable then take BMs advice and follow stoners guide.

07-24-08 07:16 PM
    You can also download a program called maxmem. Well I think that's what it is called. I would post the link for you but its kinda hard to do from my berry.

07-24-08 07:18 PM
    Listen to McClure, that is the best way. My free file is at 26 after a battery pull, and i normally run 22 free file daily. I also have several 3rd. party apps. and themes as well. It works...
    07-24-08 07:31 PM
    Wouldn't it be great if we could extend the memory to an SD card?

I'm still running between 17 and 15 on my memory and maxmem did not really help. Also I don't have very many 3rd party apps. I wish I had 26mb to play with!

07-25-08 10:06 AM
    Wouldn't it be great if we could extend the memory to an SD card?

I'm still running between 17 and 15 on my memory and maxmem did not really help. Also I don't have very many 3rd party apps. I wish I had 26mb to play with!

First thing : I advise not using MaxMem. It is an overglorified partial solution to the problem. The thing with MaxMem is, every time you run AppLoader, it will reverse all of the changes you made!! This can get old...

Also, once you remove files... you have to run AppLoader to get them back, and many people to not understand that!

You can easily free up a ton of memory using a program for your PC called CrackMem!! There is a link in my signature!! Check it out!

Or you can do it completely manually and modify the Java folder yourself... follow Stoner's guide! I had 29.5 mb free at one point... minimal apps (only ones I needed, etc). The main memory hogs are the default pictures (2-3 mb) and the Sample Video! The TMobile MyFaves UI also takes a decent chunk of change... consider removing that. You still get the myFaves, but not the stupid little rotating icon display. You will need to use my.tmobile.com to manage your Fave5, you cannot do it from your device
    07-25-08 10:16 AM
    Cost any money? You'll have to forgive me I am at work on the BB. The strange thing is that I have gotten rid of the sample videos and pictures..... Since upgrading to OS 4.5. May be time for some java folder messing with.

07-25-08 10:39 AM
    Cost any money? You'll have to forgive me I am at work on the BB. The strange thing is that I have gotten rid of the sample videos and pictures..... Since upgrading to OS 4.5. May be time for some java folder messing with.

CrackMem is free and was developed by Pete6 (a CB member!!)

It automates the process and provides a way to reverse your changes. He has a great HowTo written up for it.

You can go even deeper and customize the Java folder using Stoner's guide!

(both links in my signature! )
    07-25-08 10:41 AM
    Thanks dude! I'll do it tonight!

Any idea if those silly web launchers like fox news steal a lot of mem? I can't imagine they would, but I may get rid of them and use bookmarks

07-25-08 10:44 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD