The title pretty much sums up everything, but I suppose a little exposition is always necessary.

After throwing better judgment out the window, I ended up dampening my phone at a 50 Cent concert a few weeks ago. The concert ended up being on a pool and we really wanted to be close, so we stuck our phones in our bras (like the classy broads we are!) and hopped in. The water was only up to our hips, but due to one thing or another, we ended up in slightly deeper water.

My phone was never actually submerged, just damp from damp things touching it (my shirt, for instance). The phone worked fine almost right away, but whenever I try to start the camera I get the following message: "Could not start the camera. Close other applications and try opening the camera again." The screen is black and the camera wont start.

Is all hope lost? It has been a few weeks now, so I doubt any water is still trapped in there (I did everything including the rice trick to soak water out of it).

And yes, I'm aware taking my phone into the pool wasn't my brightest moment. No one said I'm a practical person .

Thanks for the help!
    09-28-07 11:35 AM
    I would say see if you can upload a new OS to it and see if that fixes the problem. Also the rice trick works but either take a blow drier to the back of it for a few minutes or try and take a can of compressed air and blow around the camera to see if possibly there might be some form of moisture around it.

If that doesn't work then I suggest definitely reloading the OS.

Hope this helps.
    09-28-07 11:39 AM
    *adjusts dumb person hat*

How do I reinstall the Operating System?
    09-28-07 04:16 PM
    Assuming you have a Curve as your profile says:

http://forums.crackberry.com/f52/new...-2-146-a-5049/
    09-29-07 12:18 AM
    The title pretty much sums up everything, but I suppose a little exposition is always necessary.

After throwing better judgment out the window, I ended up dampening my phone at a 50 Cent concert a few weeks ago. The concert ended up being on a pool and we really wanted to be close, so we stuck our phones in our bras (like the classy broads we are!) and hopped in. The water was only up to our hips, but due to one thing or another, we ended up in slightly deeper water.

My phone was never actually submerged, just damp from damp things touching it (my shirt, for instance). The phone worked fine almost right away, but whenever I try to start the camera I get the following message: "Could not start the camera. Close other applications and try opening the camera again." The screen is black and the camera wont start.

Is all hope lost? It has been a few weeks now, so I doubt any water is still trapped in there (I did everything including the rice trick to soak water out of it).

And yes, I'm aware taking my phone into the pool wasn't my brightest moment. No one said I'm a practical person .

Thanks for the help!
    I`d appreciate it if you let me know how or if you solved the issue.Thanks
    12-20-07 04:04 PM
    50 cent...the blackberry killler...

/me shakes fist at fitty.

lol
    12-20-07 04:08 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD