I just got a 8330! I got the 8330 and I was just wondering if it was a good idea. I see there are newer models out, with a completely different UI. I was just wondering what the difference was from this or say a bold or Tour? I know bold has wifi but because I have a unlimited data plan on Sprint does it matter? Are people still getting the 8330, like is it out of date or is it still a good phone to get? The main factor was that it was only about $30 with sprint and I believe it was verizon or at&t was charging $120 for the bold. I'm still new to the blackberry side of things so can someone clear this up for me?

edit: nevermind i just read this the thread "Blackberry Curve- Pro's & Cons"
    Last edited by helo12; 08-08-09 at 03:13 PM.
    08-08-09 03:02 PM
    It is the best phone i've ever owned. The newer ones are nicer, but i wouldn't consider it a bad choice.
    08-08-09 03:21 PM
    It's not a bad choice! Great device it just that the 9630 has more memory, screen resolution, better camera... but it's not $30.
    08-08-09 04:20 PM
    The only con is you signed a contract for 2 years on a phone that has been out on the market for a while. There will always be newer and possibly better phones coming out.

That said, I had a Tour, but it wasn't that much of an improvement over my 8330, so I sent it back for a refund.
    08-08-09 04:27 PM
    I work on phones, and have various model BB's here on hand as well as contracts with the big 4 networks (Verizon, Sprint, AT&T, T-Mobile) so I'm able to test things out.

My personal phone is a Sprint Curve 8330m. To me, nothing else fits as well and I NEED a reliable worry free phone. There are some issues with the radio on some 8330m's but I've not been affected by them. Mine preforms as well as my old 8330e's ever did.

I think you made an excellent choice
    08-08-09 04:48 PM
    It's your first BB, so it's probably a good starter til you are ready for an upgrade.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-08-09 04:59 PM
    This is one reason why Sprint's awesome. When you have a plan of 69.99 or more, you get to upgrade your phone every year. I got my 8330 about 2 months ago, and when my year is up, hopefully a bug free wifi enabled tour will be out.

Stick with sprint and the 8330 and just get one of these themes : http://forums.crackberry.com/f126/3-...00like-148771/
    08-08-09 05:04 PM
    It depends on how much you got it for? Do you really need all the extra features the newer models have? Do you like it? Lol I think is a great phone! IMO i dnt think is a mistake what so ever...
    08-08-09 05:11 PM
    If you have never used a Bold or 8900 then you made a great choice. People that have 83XX's love them. Me personally I need to have a newer model as they are quicker than the 83XX but if you have never used a newer model you won't notice it. I notice it and it bugs the **** out of me
    08-08-09 05:23 PM
    Probably the best phone I've ever owned.

Perfect size, weight, keyboard layout..

There is no need to upgrade to a tour or bold because in all honesty, not much has changed in the new models aside from speed and looks. Good choice!
    08-08-09 05:30 PM
    It's the number 1 selling PDA phone out of the top 10!
    08-08-09 07:40 PM
    I was able to pick up a brand new 8900 from T-Mobile for 54.43 (Including taxes/Free Shipping).
    08-08-09 07:57 PM
    I loved my 8330. It didn't fail me and was tough as nails doing it. I got the Tour now and love it for the look, screen and speed but I admit it's not that much over what the 8330 was plus I'm afraid of how fragile it feels. The 8330 is a great choice and there's loads of stuff out there for add ons for it.
    08-08-09 08:08 PM
    Great phone I don't think you can go wrong with it.

08-08-09 08:24 PM
    I personally think that phone is well built. I had the 8320 some time ago (similar if I'm not mistaken) and I have to 8900 and to be honest, I miss the 8320
    08-08-09 08:30 PM
    The 8330 is a SOLID bad*ss device. You certainly won't regret it. Sometimes, I almost miss how solid and reliable that phone was.
    08-08-09 08:38 PM
    Answer one question. Do you like your Blackberry Curve 8330 phone? If the answer to that question is "YES" then it wasn't a mistake for you to get this phone.

I just upgraded my phone from a Motorola Q9C this past June. After I first placed the order for the phone, I was wondering if I made a mistake by upgrading. Guess that was the fear of the unknown talking here. Once I got the phone in my hands and started working with it, I was so glad that I upgraded. Besides, there's a lot of free little extras that you can get with this phone that you may not be able to get with any of the newer models that are out there now.
    08-08-09 08:48 PM
    I have not had my 8330 for about 2 months. I am just not into touchscreen phones and was a big step up from my Moto Q plus I did a user review on the 8330 and the reveiws came back well for it.Now that the tour has been released am I going to opt to upgrade no matter the cost ? No I like what I got for now an does all I need it to maybe once I get use to it more and even newer features are always being added I will but then my upgrade will be here anyhoo ha. For me anytime I upgrade it seems like the next week all these new models hit the stores oh well my bad
    So I don't think you made a bad choice either and while it has been out for a while I feel its a very solid and good performing phone kinda been kicked around and tested
    Last edited by DavidNC; 08-08-09 at 08:57 PM.
    08-08-09 08:54 PM
    This phone is an extremely stable and well built phone. Not as fast as the new devices but still practical for web browsing, music, and an average amount of apps

08-08-09 11:05 PM
    I'm glad so many ppl are sticking up for the Curve, I got mine a while ago as well and its just a great device, does everything I need it to. Played with the tour at the sprint store and didn't see enough of a difference to fork up the cash for it. Stay with the curve, with as much themes and housing they have out for the 83xx's, you can pretty much have a new phone w/ the amount of customizations

08-09-09 12:57 AM
    You didn't make a mistake. I loved my 8330. I have a Tour now but the curve is still a very good device.
    08-09-09 01:23 AM
    I think op should get an iphone if he/she cares so much what's in or not, its how stability and functionality. **** there is still dial up out there lol why? Its cheap and it needs only real low data usage

08-09-09 01:48 AM
    The only con is you signed a contract for 2 years on a phone that has been out on the market for a while. There will always be newer and possibly better phones coming out.

That said, I had a Tour, but it wasn't that much of an improvement over my 8330, so I sent it back for a refund.
    I agree! I have the 8330 curve. I personally love it. However, it is my first BB. Just my two cents!
    08-09-09 01:01 PM
    i have two bb 8330 and have had nothing but trouble it keeps crashing the software so just make sure you have the insurance for replacement or fix.
    08-09-09 01:19 PM
    I am new to BB and have been with sprint for years. I really love my 8330m and my only concern is when it will be so outdated that it won't be able to handle newer apps. Most definatly a great BB starter phone. Media player for videos sucks tho. I read somewhere that the 83xx's were to be discountinued a long time ago and their popularity brought the 8330m back to Sprint. I would like to see something like that happen with the 8900 in about a year.

08-09-09 06:53 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD