I was wondering..i found a few jar/jad games and i was wondering which one i needed to install on the 8310 of mine...also when i run bb manager when it comes up it always wants to try to reload 4.5 on my cell....any ideas
    02-15-09 03:42 PM
    really nobody on this one?
    02-16-09 05:45 PM
    I was wondering..i found a few jar/jad games and i was wondering which one i needed to install on the 8310 of mine...also when i run bb manager when it comes up it always wants to try to reload 4.5 on my cell....any ideas
    OTA game installs I believe you want the jad files and it has to be over the air. DM requires .alx and sometimes a .cod file.

As far as the OS always wanting to update when connected to the DM, it happens to me all the time. I click okay and then it says no new applications found.

If its something beyond what I stated above, please post it and we can do some more troubleshooting.

~Jazzi~

02-16-09 05:50 PM
    I have something similar to this..
    It always says Updated versions of the following are available "Blackberry 4.5.0 System Software" With Update Now or Cancel options.
    It never does this to my 8700. Only to my 8330.
    02-16-09 05:56 PM
    It always says Updated versions of the following are available "Blackberry 4.5.0 System Software" With Update Now or Cancel options.
    Must be some kind of glitch or something....happens to me every time I use the DM and I always click Update Now and then it takes time to search and whatever and comes back and says none available. I find it easier to live with it then take the chance on screwing up an otherwise excellent running program with everything just the way I want it.

~Jazzi~

02-16-09 05:59 PM
    same thing here....well i went to the bb manager to add those games bu t says file format not accepted or something so i guess i need to cod or the acl or the other one you mentioned...some of these sites seem like there games are free but wont load..like i tried the zelda beta..
    02-17-09 01:22 PM
    This is probably happening because "Check for Updates" was selected when DM was installed. You can change the setting by going into add/remove programs and click on DM. It will allow you to modify the installation. Do a custom installation and you can uncheck this options. DM will stop looking for updates.
    02-17-09 01:47 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD