I have the 8330 with Verizon, I have now had 4 8330's within a 5 week period and every single one has broke, Verizon has no idea why. The only common thing I can figure is it appears to happen while using the net (mobile ESPN), anyway, what happens is when you scoll over any application, it goes to the dial (like when you hit a number) screen and shows #*#*, now if you hit any button whether backspace or anything, it just types #* again and again, I have no idea what to do, I like the phone but this is ridiculous. Anyone know what to do? Thanks
    03-19-09 10:34 PM
    ***update*** now, it sits next to me and I am not touching anything BUT the screen keeps dialing 363636 over and over again!!
    03-19-09 11:25 PM
    all i can say is "thats weird" ummmm i would suggest just getting a different model BB if youve had such bad luck with 8330's.... ive had mine since last july or something and have had no probs with it ever! good luck
    03-19-09 11:28 PM
    yeah..ummmm.. sounds almost like some kind of moisture problem if its happening over and over again. thats the only thing i can think of
    03-19-09 11:32 PM
    We have several dozen of them here, between business/personal, and not a single failure beyond a battery or two.

Personally, I'd check for any loose nuts on the keyboard.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-19-09 11:37 PM
    When you have 5 phones go bad doing the same thing, I think its fair to say the phones aren't at fault. Maybe its your sim card or your media card or its you. I don't know but I'm sure it isn't the phone. Every time you get a new phone, do you reload an old backup onto it? Install some application using DM?

03-19-09 11:42 PM
    maybe you have a ghost haunting you that really likes your curve
    03-20-09 12:13 AM
    maybe you have a ghost haunting you that really likes your curve
    or the ghost really *hates* the Curve.
    03-20-09 06:13 AM
    After 3 replacements aren't you supposed to get a new phone??

03-20-09 06:27 AM
    Maybe they keep giving u the same phones back lol. But ya I've never encountered an issue like that with my BB. And as Dave said, 5 phones having that exact same issue are astronomically improbable. Bad SIM more than likely...

03-20-09 06:29 AM
    Maybe they keep giving u the same phones back lol. But ya I've never encountered an issue like that with my BB. And as Dave said, 5 phones having that exact same issue are astronomically improbable. Bad SIM more than likely...

Except for the fact that 8330s don't have SIM cards....

03-20-09 07:31 AM
    Mine does.....

03-20-09 07:33 AM
    oh, I misread it as 8830. Thanks for being an asssss tho niubeav. Maybe you could give info on fixing the issue instead of being negative. Asssss

03-20-09 07:38 AM
    No need to get testy.......I wasn't trying to be negative....just trying to clarify a situation.....

03-20-09 03:27 PM
    hmm sounds like a poltergeist to me , has your Curve been exposed to any Dan Hesse commercials ,If so turn channel when they come on lol
    03-20-09 03:34 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD