I am just about done with Blackberry. So I got an 8330 on Oct 28, 2009 and I have been through 3 since............and now possibly 4.

In Feb my original phone decided it did not want to be recognized by any pc. So I brought to the Sprint repair center and they to could not get to hook up to any pc now matter what they did............so they sent me a replacement.

Mid March, the replacement phone I had just received decided that it didnt want to ring and while I was at Sprint having it looked at the damn thing literally made a buzzing noise, got real hot and shut off never to turn on again.............needless to say I again had a new phone sent to me.

Mid April.........yup new phone new issue. Before I even left the sprint store with my 3RD replacement phone I tried to make a call and guess what...........the speaker on the phone was dead, all the voices were full of static and the volume wouldnt go below MAX! So needless to say I had to have ANOTHER phone sent to me................now at this point I'm really getting sick and tired of the 8330, but the issues continue.

It is now May and I'm on my 4th 8330 and now this pos wont light up, bbm wont send or receive messages. The phone freezes and shuts off, the minute I turn on bluetooth the phone shuts off and wont turn back on until the other blue tooth device is turned off..............and if all that was not bad enough it will not hold signal for more than 3 minutes.

At this point I HATE the 8330 and I want a different model or an entirely different brand.............4 phones in less than 7 months is crazy! It is now a running joke at the Sprint store, the techs can not believe how bad this is getting.
    Last edited by SC300; 05-15-10 at 12:31 PM.
    05-15-10 12:11 PM
    I'm not surprised. So many things are bad right out of the box these days. The fan in my laptop died. I ordered a new one and did the tedious, stressful replacement only to turn on my com and still get the fan error. At that point, I was sweating it thinking the mobo was bad, but I decided to order another fan anyway. When it came, I did the job again, and the laptop worked! Hooray! Then, I had a remanufactured engine installed in my van. The mechanic installed one engine, no good. Installed a second engine, no good also. Installed a third engine, and I think I might have a good one now. Anyway, I never took possession of the van until the third engine; the other two were bad right out of the crate.
    I would have guessed your Sprint store had a bad batch of Curves, but you said one came from the service center. I guess it was just business as usual (today's way, that is) with the phones just like it was for the other items I mentioned above.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-15-10 02:29 PM
    I am just about done with Blackberry. So I got an 8330 on Oct 28, 2009 and I have been through 3 since............and now possibly 4.
    I feel your pain! I've been through at least 5 curves (8330) since December - 2009. I just received my last one about a week ago due to keys stuck down (no click/movement). I can't even remember all the different reasons the various phones went bad; one had to do with the notorious "screeching" which turned-out not to be the phone's fault, but the OS. Jaydee & Xliderider got me through that problem.

For me, it's always a big hassle getting all my programs installed and tweaked properly. I've learned to use BBSAK w/ mixed results. It takes a day or two for mobihand (Crackberry Apps) to change your device number to new pin. Luckily, BB App World does it instantaneously.

I'm hoping my current Curve can last without problems into the Fall. By then, it may be worth upgrading to something. I'm grateful that Verizon honors their warranty, so any new problem within 3 months of my replacement phone issuance get's taken care of... When it's working, the Curve is fantastic!!!
    05-15-10 02:45 PM
    I'm in the process of writing to Blackberry because this is just ridiculous.........
    05-15-10 06:00 PM
    Ive had mine 6 months and not issue number 1. Must be an epidemic in certain parts of the country. lol
    05-15-10 06:06 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD