I can tell you voted Obama. Grow a pair.

Wow.. you mean i voted for the wrong person? Good think there were so many McCain supports or else we would have a President-elect Obama... thank god you were there to set things straight..
    11-09-08 08:21 AM
    Totally agree here, of course you could fix it, but just think about the time it would take to do all this by yourself.

I would definitely go and get a new from my carrier (if they are willing to provide one without a huge discussion) and not waste my time re-installing the software.
    11-09-08 08:37 AM
    Another good reason to make a regular backup of your data!
    yea, as soon as I get the new phone and figure out what contacts I lost, I am going to back everything up.
    11-09-08 08:38 AM
    Hey War Machine - at any rate - welcome to CB - sorry to hear about your phone,and listen to Rachel0179. She's VERY helpful on these forums, with no "attitude". :-) I've learned a TON from her. Also, glad to hear you got your phone replaced. But hey - as hard as you seem to be on your phones, don't ask to borrow mine, OK? LOL
    11-09-08 08:49 AM
    I thought everyone voted Obama! Does that mean people actually voted for that old guy and his mail order sidekick??

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Dint vote for either of those shnucks, I did a write in for Ron Paul since the other 2 would have just been a waist of time. Atleast we have a good VP

11-09-08 08:55 AM
    War,
    Hang in there with the phone situation. I was lost in the beginning with the Blackberry OS and how things operated but once you start following the resources on this forum (step by step) you will become a master at it. There is a very good chance the posts you'll be posting are ones where you say you made your first successful backup and your first successful OS upgrade (and I guarantee you will upgrade the OS at some point) but for sure there are enough people to help should you need it. Many times I search things in the forum and my question(s) been answered already too. Good luck when you get your new phone.
    11-09-08 08:56 AM
    Must we turn this thread into a political throwdown? I thought it was over with on tv.. this is the crackberry forum, not somewhere to show your a**...
    11-09-08 08:59 AM
    Indeed, welcome to CB war machine.
    11-09-08 09:03 AM
    Must we turn this thread into a political throwdown? I thought it was over with on tv.. this is the crackberry forum, not somewhere to show your a**...
    Need something to pass the time while i wait for cnn.cn to get back to me about when the len's will be in stock and what else i can bundle in.. although sprint said they will replace the blackberry for 55 bucks (the price of a new case on cnn) so now i am tempted to just get a new one.. think i will go with the lens replacement first tho..
    11-09-08 09:42 AM
    and my backup Motorolla Q just crapped out randomly tonight so I am back to using my old LG 8300. I am so bummed. I lost all of my newer contacts too..so this makes 3 phones in under 24 hours that I have had active on my number..
    War Machine, I know what your real problem is.....

YOU are the cell phone REAPER, phones just being in your presence for a couple of days flee in terror!!!
    Insert movie sounds effects here: **RE RE RE RE** extreme close up, pull back, extreme close up, cat jumps put of cabinet makes REOOOW noise, sound of glass breaking and lights flicker. Somewhere in the deep woods (without phone service of course) at a closed summer camp, half naked teens are being chased by a deranged madman with an ax or is it a hook?

On and by the why, Welcome to Crack Berry!

PS Run little LG 8300, run for your very battery life... RUN!

Oh PSS set that password thing back to 10, and keep that nosey chap stick in your other pocket.
    11-09-08 11:21 AM
    War Machine, I know what your real problem is.....

YOU are the cell phone REAPER, phones just being in your presence for a couple of days flee in terror!!!
    Insert movie sounds effects here: **RE RE RE RE** extreme close up, pull back, extreme close up, cat jumps put of cabinet makes REOOOW noise, sound of glass breaking and lights flicker. Somewhere in the deep woods (without phone service of course) at a closed summer camp, half naked teens are being chased by a deranged madman with an ax or is it a hook?

On and by the why, Welcome to Crack Berry!

PS Run little LG 8300, run for your very battery life... RUN!

Oh PSS set that password thing back to 10, and keep that nosey chap stick in your other pocket.
    hey, can I 'borrow' your bb for a day?
    11-09-08 11:32 AM
    So I set my BB to have a lock code just so it would automaticly lock when I put down my phone...and so prying eyes couldn't pick up my phone and read msgs in my inbox I also set it to have only 3 chances to unlock the phone.
    I had no idea that the phone would self destruct after the 3 chances!
    I pulled the phone out of my pocket and I guess my chapstick had already tried chances 1 & 2 because when i tried to enter the code (it was acting funny and didn't accept it) I got a msg saying that my phone will be wiped clean.
    ...annnnd of course I did not back anything up so I lost everything!
    Lucky for me verizon is sending me out another one and i should have it by Monday...
    What a great start to the weekend...
    Little confused as to why you are getting a new phone--isn't a wiped phone the same thing(aka a phone set back to factory settings)?
    11-09-08 12:00 PM
    Thats kinda insulting to those that are having issues, its not an easy thing if you have NO idea what you are doing, or not technically savvy.. and the rare BB is unloadable anyways, so to say that, well, tell that to a person who just cant load one due to a defective device, make em feel real good.. not.
    You have a point, but on first read, it didn't SOUND as if there was a problem BEYOND the device wiping itself because he couldn't remember the code--it wasn't until LATER that he told the REST of the story.
    11-09-08 12:04 PM
    You have a point, but on first read, it didn't SOUND as if there was a problem BEYOND the device wiping itself because he couldn't remember the code--it wasn't until LATER that he told the REST of the story.
    this is true. My first post did not say that the phone was frozen but my 3rd post did say that it was and I posted that before the smart-@ss comments...

Thank you everyone for your help!
    11-09-08 12:30 PM
    I simply was responding to the comment about *how easy it is to reload a device* nothing more, nothing less, not in relation to this thread specifically, more in terms of plain and simple, reloading/upgrading/downgrading, tis all
    11-09-08 12:35 PM
    Did you know...

Mickey Mouse averages 50,000 write in votes every presidential election..

Well now you do. Lol

Kev
    Resident Politicial Scientist

My mind is made up- I am voting for Mickey in 2012.
    11-09-08 09:56 PM
    got the new bb in the mail today. It works great! It is nice to be able to do more with my phone than just text and dial once again.
    I already backed up my contacts so hopefully it won't be so traumatic if there is another "issue" with this phone..
    11-11-08 10:23 PM
    Rachel,

When you upgraded to BBOS 4.5 did you loose any of the pre-loaded pictures or was everything intact after the upgrade??

Thanks,
    KjW
    11-12-08 12:28 AM
    You lose the preloaded pics and gain memory. A no brainer to me.

11-12-08 10:02 AM
44 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD