Well my friend doesn't have texting so I want to text him through his email (which is a gmail account that forwards right to his iPhone - so it's the same as texting basically). Is there a way to set that email account as default when I want to text (SMS) him?

When I delete the number, the option to text goes away all together and there's no way to put the email in the number area.

Any way to get around this so I can text him via his email?

Thanks.
    05-03-09 08:09 PM
    I'm not really understanding what you're looking to do. Why not just compose emails via your BB to his Gmail? I prefer BBM or email to txt anyway.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-03-09 08:17 PM
    Well texting is faster, so that's what I wanna do.

What I'm asking if theres a way to set my phone to set his email to default for texting - instead of emailing.
    05-03-09 08:25 PM
    Why don't the two of you put aol instant messanger on your phones and do that. thats a fast way around things.

Hope I helped!

Welcome to crackberry!
    05-03-09 09:22 PM
    To the OP, you can SMS to an email address. Just create a contact for your friend's email address in your Address Book. Then when you go to create a new SMS, just select his address. No problem.

I'm not sure that SMS is faster on a Curve than email. Seems the same to me.
    05-03-09 10:06 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD