So I've seen everyone explaining how to make a new profile and set there sms text tone to whatever ringtone you want them to have then do the other stuff to make it work! Well it doesn't work anyone could please help me? I just want to set my girlfriends txt tone a different song than my ringtone for all my sms texts!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-27-10 11:25 PM
    So I've seen everyone explaining how to make a new profile and set there sms text tone to whatever ringtone you want them to have then do the other stuff to make it work! Well it doesn't work anyone could please help me? I just want to set my girlfriends txt tone a different song than my ringtone for all my sms texts!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Go to your address book and then open the contact. Choose edit and scroll down to Custom Ring Tones/Alerts select Messages and then Select Music (or ring tones)
    07-28-10 08:26 AM
    The OP is probably using OS 4.5.

What you have to do is go into sound profiles, create a profile named after the contact (Susan for example). In the Susan profile, you set the Ringtone, SMS, MMS and Level1 alerts to the custom tone you want to use. After this, you create a profile exception, also named Susan. You then link the Susan exception to Susan in your address book and link it to the Susan sound profile.
    07-28-10 01:16 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD