So, this is the second time this has happened.
    I have a 8320 Curve.
    Anyway, my phone will buzz, and the LED light will flash as if I get a text. I check my phone and I have no new anything.
    The only thing I can think of is me hitting the trackball like mid-buzz, maybe somehow cancels it? I don't know.
    But I can't really miss any text messages they could be important.
    Battery pull does not recover any said messages. What could this be?
    05-13-08 07:44 AM
    happen to me a day ago.
    05-13-08 08:19 AM
    Check all messages including browser messages
    05-13-08 08:21 AM
    Check your memory. If you're low or out, the message will delete automatically before you can see it.
    05-13-08 08:23 AM
    Happened to me also. I was receiving multiple texts and bb messages at once and once I read through everything the alert would not go away. I soft reset and the phone was back to normal. You're probably not missing a message, your phone probably just freaked out like mine did.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-13-08 08:44 AM
    About the indicator w no message...Make sure you don't have any unread messages saved that have been deleted from Messages. The indicator will still read unread for other folders (saved, etc.) After a message is deleted from the main message screen.

05-13-08 08:48 AM
    thanks, I just changed the option to keep SMS texts on my SIM card, will thi help?
    one time it actually deleted all my messages.
    Maybe I have too much crap on it?
    I have a 4gig micro sd card, though... I HAVE space for it all.
    05-13-08 09:23 AM
    also,m how do you check your memory? when does it dump your messages? is there a way to stop this? maybe give a warning?
    05-13-08 09:25 AM
    oh, and what browser messages? i dont see anything in the default browser. But yeah, maybe it wasnt an SMS tetx?
    I'm assuming it was, and its memory issue because all my texts got deleted, and I've recently downloaded a ton of software.
    But I have a lot of space left on my 4gig, or does it just use the device memory for texts?
    05-13-08 09:29 AM
    Messages and apps get saved to device memory automatically. I don't remember how to get apps to the memory card and I'm on my berry so can't find the page now. And to check available memory hold alt+right caps + h.

05-13-08 10:00 AM
    And to check available memory hold alt+right caps + h.
    ALT+CAPS+H (Doesn't have to be the right caps.)
    05-13-08 10:36 AM
    Rigth now i have that problem, i just do a FULL POWER OFF take out the battery and then power on. i make sms test and i see. good look to all
    05-14-08 01:24 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD