So I was on a business call on my 8330 and while on the call needed to send an SMS, but I kept getting a red X on the SMS. I thought hunh that's strange, I went into the Verizon store here and they told that I should be able to send an SMS and talk at the same time, but I still can't.

So is my BB foo-bared, or was the VZW person mistaken? THX
    01-04-09 03:20 PM
    i believe CDMA cannot send text messages while on a call (might be wrong on the CDMA area), GSM can if they are in an EDGE/3G area.
    Last edited by Sith_Apprentice; 01-04-09 at 03:26 PM.
    01-04-09 03:21 PM
    I have been able get them, but never tried to send one while on the phone. Might want to try a battery reset and update your roaming tower stuff *228 option 2
    01-04-09 03:25 PM
    I have been able get them, but never tried to send one while on the phone. Might want to try a battery reset and update your roaming tower stuff *228 option 2
    Thanks LR, I hope you had a good holidays and a nice new years and not too much snow down that way.
    01-04-09 03:29 PM
    not as much as you have up there but we have some. happy to you to.
    01-04-09 03:32 PM
    Funny thing with USCC is dumb phones can send and receive text messages during calls but my blackberry absolutely cannot. But yeah we are still not fully 3G either.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-04-09 04:57 PM
    I have no issues sending a text while Im on a call with my 8330. Might be a provider thing.
    01-04-09 05:29 PM
    I can send/receive SMS msgs on my 8330 during a call.
    01-04-09 07:43 PM
    I find it to be hit or miss depending on service quality. Just because you have 4 or 5 bars of service doesn't mean that it is a solid connection. It just means that the radio isn't working as hard to maintain a connection to the tower.
    01-04-09 08:26 PM
    i can send and receive txts fine will on the fone
    01-05-09 07:12 AM
    I'm on Alltel & can send and receive txt while on call

01-05-09 07:41 AM
    ^^Same here.
    01-05-09 08:21 AM
    I am on Alltel and I am getting the same issue my friend s on alltel and she doesn't have the same issue with her blackberry curve so I thinking of just getting them to send me a new blackberry curve one year warranty
    01-15-09 12:45 AM
    I'm on Sprint and I'm unable to send SMS while I'm on the phone. what's weird is that I'm able to receive.
    01-15-09 01:08 AM
    I'm with Sprint, and I've noticed that sometimes I can send, sometimes I can't. I think it has something to do with having a 1XEV connection... I'd have to do some research to figure it out, but it seems like I've been able to send texts while on the phone with a 1XEV connection, but not 1X.

01-15-09 01:54 AM
    Verizon BlackBerry Curve 8330 / 4.3.0.127 (CDMA) here - no problem sending text while on phone, at least with EV, haven't tested with 1x-only. Don't receive them while on phone, though.

Last edited by jbeachy; 01-15-09 at 07:42 AM.
    01-15-09 07:40 AM
    Absolutely no problem sending texts on my verizon curve. When I go to send an MMS though the whole phone practically freezes. Different issue though

But again there isn't anywhere at all near me when I don't have 3g coverage (EV) in fact even when doing a cross country road trip, I had 3g whole time except for once in the middle of west texas. The broadness of Verizon's network is astounding.
    01-15-09 01:07 PM
    I've been running into the same problem, and I think I'm seeing a trend here:

First, I can always receive a text message while on a call.

However, when sending it's a different story: If I have only been on a call for a few minutes, I can send just fine. I can continue to send without problems provided that I send at least one message every few minutes. However, if I go a certain amount of time (10 minutes? I'm not really sure) without sending any messages, then I am unable to send any further messages for the remainder of the call. (I can still receive, though.)

Not sure why or what causes this, but this has been my experience so far.
    01-25-09 08:50 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD