Hey

When I send an sms message to a certain person it takes about 35-40 seconds for it to exit the screen where the little menue is popped up and i have clicked the wheel to SEND.
    It stays there, showing that menu and the message, frozen, for about 35-40 seconds.

With other people it goes fast.

I have message history set to 8.

Keep messages 2 months.

Any ideas? Why does it do this with one person? (the person i text the most)
    It's super annoying.

Thank you.
    12-25-08 11:56 PM
    Also, for the same person, it takes a long time to load a new text when I click on it to read it.
    12-25-08 11:57 PM
    I had the same problem. I kept replying to my friend over and over so I just composed a new SMS and that solved it. I'm guessing even though you have it set to 8, it probably stores the history of everything you sent and received.
    12-26-08 12:10 AM
    To add to chicoyam, do you have other contacts with which you have a similar amount of txt history, but are not having problems sending txt?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-26-08 12:23 AM
    I encountered that problem. I'm not sure how I resolved it to be honest. It was either starting a new "thread" with the person or a good long battery pull.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-26-08 03:42 AM
    Hey

When I send an sms message to a certain person it takes about 35-40 seconds for it to exit the screen where the little menue is popped up and i have clicked the wheel to SEND.
    It stays there, showing that menu and the message, frozen, for about 35-40 seconds.

With other people it goes fast.

I have message history set to 8.

Keep messages 2 months.

Any ideas? Why does it do this with one person? (the person i text the most)
    It's super annoying.

Thank you.

Pull up the sms to or from the contact, options, clear history
    12-26-08 08:29 AM
    Thanks a ot

Never thought of composing a new sms.
    Worked perfectly.

The problem actually still occurred on a new 8330 i got today after i restored everything back onto it.
    12-26-08 06:00 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD