I have a Curve 8330 with Verizon. Is there anyway that I can have only lower case letters when I text. My daughter has an "Alias" and she hits a key and only lower case letter happen...at the beginning of sentences etc. Is there an application I could download if this is not a feature of the 8330.
    Thanks...an eager newbie.
    04-16-09 07:27 AM
    On Blackberries automatically put the first letter CAP. It's normal grammar.

But if you want to do it with a lower case letter. After you type the letter, hit Del. then type it again. It will then be lower case.
    04-16-09 07:53 AM
    Why do you want to do this? I mean we all have personal preference. But if it's at the first of a sentence it looks better with a cap.
    04-16-09 10:21 AM
    thats weird, but to each its own.. the only way to do it is to do as yester said..
    04-16-09 10:34 AM
    I wonder if a custom theme would take care of this somehow? But I concur with the others...we've already lost touch with proper grammar and spelling, why add to the mess?
    04-16-09 10:37 AM
    the whole spirit and fun of text messaging is the speed and causal(ness) of it. When you have to backspace and type over everything that was capitialized it ruins the mood and fun. I agree that we've lost alot of the "style" of writing that existed in the past however in this case...sms texting...it's all about speed and fun.
    04-16-09 11:26 AM
    I love the fact that caps it automatically. What I do miss about my palm phone is I could press the shift button twice and it would put it in caps lock and hold the caps. And using the alt keys on the palm I could push it twice and keep using numbers or symbols without hitting it everytime. The curve may do that too but I haven't figured it out.
    04-16-09 11:28 AM
    Thank you to everyone for responding. The answer to curve0644 question is to hit the alt and then the shift key to lock it in numbers and symbols mode...at least that's how it is with my 8330.
    There's a saying most people know..."when in Rome do as the Romans do" and in this case when in the "texting world" do as they do...lower case all messages except when making a point or to really emphasis a word.
    04-16-09 11:41 AM
    To clarify curve0644 question response...alt key left shift---numbers lock, alt key right shift---capital lock. : )
    04-16-09 11:44 AM
    To clarify curve0644 question response...alt key left shift---numbers lock, alt key right shift---capital lock. : )
    Thanks a lot. I tried that first day I got it and it didn't do it but I was probably doing it wrong because I was new to it and was hitting all kinds of stuff to try to get it to do it. It works now. I think i was hitting it in reverse order.

EDIT: Not to hijack the thread but since you guys know, if I switch my text messages to high priorty rather than normal what exactly will it do different?
    Last edited by curve0644; 04-16-09 at 11:52 AM.
    04-16-09 11:50 AM
    Your welcome curve0644...and I'll let the more experienced members respond to your question.
    04-16-09 11:56 AM
    I just wish I could hit the alt button twice (or something like that) and "lower case only" would be in mode.
    04-16-09 12:00 PM
    If you have it set as urgent the person will get the message saying urgent. Normal is of course normal.
    04-16-09 12:17 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD