When I first got my Curve from Verizon Wireless my text messages would send almost instantly. Now anytime I double click the trackball to send a message it hangs for about 12 seconds before it goes back to the Inbox. What I've noticed is that it's just messages I send to one person who I text with a LOT so I figure it just takes a while to add them to the history. Is there any way to delete the old messages from just one person or is there anything else I can do to fix this?
    07-07-08 02:53 PM
    I get the same thing now and again. I just delete the old messages and it seems to send off faster. You can delete more than one message at a time by highlighting them in the inbox sorta the same way you do text (hold caps and scroll w/ the wheel) then hit delete.

Also if you go to the options menu and "search Sender" it'll pull out just that persons messages

Hope it helps
    Last edited by Mike13USN; 07-07-08 at 03:44 PM.
    07-07-08 03:41 PM
    What I ended up doing was just selecting a specific date in the outbox (then also the inbox) and then doing Delete Prior from the menu. That did the trick but I need to find a way to have it clean up after itself so I don't have to do this every few weeks.
    07-08-08 09:03 AM
    also try to update your phone by dialing *228 and pressing option 2. That worked for me cause the other person i was texting traveled a lot.
    07-08-08 09:05 AM
    in the inbox go to options and then to general options from there you can set how long you want to keep messages on the phone for. it will automatically delete them after that long. i just delete them out every couple days to keep it running smoothly tho
    07-08-08 10:32 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD