i separated the email and the sms/mms box. now how do you make the sms inbox the default instead of mms inbox. i always need to go in and look at view folder and change it to sms inbox each and every time. very frustrating. thanks
    10-21-07 10:53 PM
    You want to separate the sms and mms box? Is that what you're asking?
    10-22-07 12:04 AM
    SMS and MMS uses same inbox...
    10-22-07 02:28 AM
    no, i separated already. how do i make the sms inbox the default when you go into the sms/mms messages icon.
    10-22-07 08:39 AM
    you cannot separate your SMS and MMS inboxes ... you can only separate your SMS/MMS inbox from your email/PIN inboxes ...
    10-22-07 09:06 AM
    Ok, That Is Fine But Why Does It Default To The Mms Inbox, I Want It To Default To The Sms Inbox
    10-22-07 09:08 AM
    It shouldn't...it should display all SMS and MMS messages in the order in which they were received. That's why the icon is labeled "SMS and MMS." If the latest messages received were all MMS messages, they will be displayed at the top of the list. Using the View Folder command simply filters your view, showing you just incoming SMS, or just incoming MMS, or just outgoing, etc...
    10-22-07 09:20 AM
    i'm not really understanding what your experiancing ... i have a Curve and I have separated out my SMS/MMS inbox from the Email Inbox .... and i now have a separate folder on my desktop for SMS/MMS and my Emails ... when I click on the folder for my SMs/MMS inbox i get taking to the inbox for those (which is the same inbox) I dont have to go into a differant folder for MMS or SMS ... can you please explain in greater detail your issue?
    10-22-07 09:22 AM
    Thanks For Trying To Help. I Will Explain. When I Go To The Sms/mms Folder I Need To Go To View Folder And Then Choose Sms Inbox.

If I Dont Do That, I Cant Seem To See The Sms Inbox, Only The Mms Inbox. Where Is That Setting That Sets The Default For The Sms/mms Box To Sms Inbox. I Dont Even Mind If I Get Both Sms And Mms Inbox, But I Only Seem To Get Mms Inbox.
    10-22-07 09:42 AM
    there isnt a default like your asking for ... the default is to show both SMS and MMS in the same inbox ... when i click on the SMS/MMS inbox icon from the desktop i am taken to the inbox for both ... the SMS and MMS messages are listed in the order that they were received without having to change the inbox view ... you can however view ONLY certain folders by going to menu >> view folder >> select folder ... that will show ONLY that type of item for the folder ...

if you are experiancing anything other than this ... i'd start off with a battery pull and then progress from there ...
    10-22-07 09:49 AM
    hard to beleive that the problem was solved with the battery pull. it reset itself and now all my sms/mms inbox messages are where they should be

thanks so much
    10-22-07 08:05 PM
    I also am having the same issue as kenny. Expect mine was not solved from pulling the batt. I have setup a gmail account which went flawless... and now i have two icons on my desktop, one for sms/mms and one for gmail. I have gone to the options and changed it so it "should" seperate the two. The problem is when i click on the sms/mms icon i get only gmail emails. It shows the same list as my gmail folder. Now when i go back into the options and change it to "theme controlled" and i click on my sms/mms icon, I get both my sms messages AND my email.

The only way to get ONLY my sms/mms messages on one screen is if i click on that icon and then go to menu>view folder>sms inbox. This is a brand new phone... could it be defective?
    10-24-07 05:36 PM
    i get what your trying to do...

when you pick the seperate option it CREATES and folder for your SMS/MMS...its located in your APPS folder. so just move it out of there and into your main home screen.
    11-06-07 01:18 PM
    I know this is an old post but I just spent some time figuring this out for myself. I just got a Blackberry Curve 8900 and ran into the same problem. What happened was that I changed to a new theme and when I did that it defaulted to the Email folder and not SMS. To fix I had to do the following:

While in the Message folders, choose the Menu then Options, then General Options.

Then go to SMS and Email Inboxes:

Change it from Theme Controlled or Separate to Combined

Hopefully this helps someone in the future.
    10-01-09 12:15 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD