anyone else had this problem? 3 times in one day my messages got completely cleared for no apparent reason
    08-03-08 02:38 PM
    That happened to me a month or so ago. The tech guy said it was because there was no memory free. As soon as I deleted unused/unwanted apps and switched photos to memory card it never happened again. Try that. Good luck.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-03-08 02:46 PM
    anyone else had this problem? 3 times in one day my messages got completely cleared for no apparent reason
    First, pull out your battery with the device on, wait a minute and put it back in. That will free up some memory on your Berry and clear out a few minor bugs. Then you need to read up on your Berry and it's memory in the forums...
    08-03-08 02:47 PM
    Do a search. This is a bug you can thank Blackberry for and has been around for at least a year. You need at least 10 MB free memory or the secure BB OS will delete your messages without warning. Optimally you should have at least 14 MB of RAM free. You should perform a soft reset too in order to recover some lost RAM. Try this regularly. If BB fixed this or provided you with sufficient RAM this wouldn't be an issue.
    08-03-08 02:48 PM
    Do a search. This is a bug you can thank Blackberry for and has been around for at least a year. You need at least 10 MB free memory or the secure BB OS will delete your messages without warning. Optimally you should have at least 14 MB of RAM free. You should perform a soft reset too in order to recover some lost RAM. Try this regularly. If BB fixed this or provided you with sufficient RAM this wouldn't be an issue.
    I agree, if you follow the thread that Stoner created called "How to increase free file" you can remove preloaded wallpapers, carrier themes, voice activated dialing, applications and languages not used. I gained the most memory removing the preloaded wallpapers and the BlackBerry sample video. I did this thru Desktop Manager and followed Stoner's guide...
    08-03-08 02:56 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD