Hello fellow abusers. I just got off the phone with T-Mobile representative about my 8320 and AOL Instant Messenger. In order for it to work but I need the Data Plan/Internet, which I don't want to pay for. I also talked to her about the T-Mobile Blackberry Enabler.Supposedly that is only good for people without the T-Zones for Picture Messages. I have an unlimited messaging plan is there an alternatives out there?
    05-26-08 06:59 PM
    I don't understand the point of having a blackberry or any smartphone for that matter without a data plan. But as far as sms based I'm services you can try searching google. Most I'm clients use data.
    05-26-08 07:28 PM
    The current theme is to use data plans because they are much more cost effective due to all the other benefits you get with unlimited data. I am not familar with any message service the runs off SMS. However, I am pretty sure you can text to a screen name and people can IM to a phone number. I have seen that done many a time.
    05-27-08 02:44 PM
    Actually I just found another thread on this site...OZ Messenger uses SMS versus data...so that should solve your problem
    05-27-08 04:04 PM
    Actually I just found another thread on this site...OZ Messenger uses SMS versus data...so that should solve your problem

I thought OZ messenger only works on certain devices and curve isn't one of them.. I am also looking for SMS base instant messenger.. anyone else know one?
    07-01-08 09:28 PM
    I'm also in search for this! So you can text a screen name? HOW?
    07-01-08 09:46 PM
    AIM and Yahoo both allow you to login and send/receive messages using only SMS. Here is a link that give more info.
    07-01-08 09:49 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD