hey everyone,
    i've tried searching the forums and couldnt find my answer so hopefully
    someone can help me out here.

whenever my friends send me what i think to be pictures in text messages...
    they never download. and i even go to the menu and even click retrieve now to no luck .

what do i do?

thanks a million.
    05-03-08 04:40 PM
    You can only get pics via MMS or email. SMS is text only.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-03-08 05:52 PM
    The other thing is that with T-Mobile, in order to receive a picture message (MMS), you have to have sent a MMS first. You can send one to yourself and that will work. After you send the MMS to yourself, you then send another one to yourself and you should be able to receive the pic. What the first MMS that you send does is register your phone on the T-Mobile server, after you are registered you can receive but before that you will not be able to download the pics.

If you don't receive the second MMS from yourself, you will need to call T-Mobile and they will do troubleshooting with you, and yes, they will walk you through what I just did (I used to be T-Mobile customer care). Oh, and just a reminder, you will need to call from a different phone than the one you will troubleshoot, otherwise they cannot troubleshoot for you.

Let us know if that works for you.

And, welcome to the addiction.
    05-03-08 06:08 PM
    I tried sending one to myself and it didn't work. Got a red X. I also am having trouble with MMS. I tried another trick I heard, to reply to the sender and then try to retieve and that worked but I can only do it over EDGE and not UMA. The dumb thing expires before I have a chance to get near an EDGE signal. I thought UMA allowed MMS?
    05-03-08 06:21 PM
    Yes, you should be able to send an MMS with either. Try a battery pull and then try sending a small (such as a wallpaper) MMS to yourself and then a second one after that one is sent. If the battery pull does not work to get the first MMS sent to yourself, then you will probably need to call customer care. The MMS settings in your phone may not be set up correctly and they can send them to you over the air. Just make sure you are not on your phone when you call them.
    05-03-08 06:30 PM
    Thanks, I'm guessing something must not be right since DH has no problem with MMS and we have the same phones.
    05-03-08 06:41 PM
    i love you guys. it worked.

thank you so much
    05-03-08 07:59 PM
    You are very welcome
    05-03-08 10:44 PM
    i love you guys. it worked.

thank you so much
    This is what it's all about. Gotta share the love at the Crack
    05-04-08 12:28 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD