I have a BB Curve 8330I'm creating the thread to hopfully get some advice, and just to tell the history of what my phone has been through so far.

Let's start with tghe countless dropping. I apparently dropped the phone so much,. that two screws, near the screen, on top of the phone went missing. I've peeled off the chromatic paint from the battery cover, and scratched the outer screen up. a lot.

Next comes the part where I rfirst took the entire phone apart. Dunked it in milk. Took it apart, did NOT use the proper tools, but still managed to get inside, and wiped EVERYthing off that was wet. so, the 8330 lived on. BUT... problems arose. it started with the keyboard. the damn keys wouldn't work sometimes, and the w,s,z,o,l, and delete keys would go on, then offf whenever they wanted.

Most recently, I dropped the phone, and it started restarting all on it's own. constantly. I RIPPED the kaypad support plastic from the two middle screws. Lost a third screw by ripping it away from it's plastic threads, and bending it.
    put it back together after cleaning the inside, and adjusting the keypad contacts. Accidentally messed up the buttons, though, by popping the keys a little. BUut, I was able to piece everything back together.

What irritated me, was it kept restarting. figured it out though, the battery contacts kept disconnecting and instantly reconnecting, by sudden jarring. this was caused by the loose board and the plastic keypad support. When I tore it away, I took some of its plastic, and kinda... screwed it u8p a little I guess. The board was loose inside. Jury-rigged it with papper, so that the board would press HARD aginst th3e back once I got all the coverings back on. It works again, but it's still finicky. any serious jarring/fingers pressing the casing will cause it to restart. This poor phone has been through ****.

I am really rough on my phone's, and this BB has lasted me a year. I know I need a new one, so here's where I'm asking for advice/info.

I have Boost Mobile, don't remember signing a warranty, though I might have. my question is this. I've been with boost for a year. is it possible that they can provide a replacement/upgrade for free, and barring that, I'm hoping to find a better cdma phone, preferring the bold 9650, but looking at the 8530 as well. would love a Torch, but I know for damn sure it may never show up on Boost. a little help?
    12-20-10 01:37 AM
    also wondering if I can sell he screen and any otheer pieces for parts off of this one
    12-20-10 01:39 AM
    I was informed that the 8530 if ordered online from Boost site is $199 before a 20% online only rebate. Let's hope your 8330 lasts long enough to do the Device Switch on DM. I have had my 8330 for well over a year and love it! Built like a BSH. Been dropped a few time but has not been thrashed like yours. Yes they keep on tickin. Unfortunately the 8530 doesn't feel as robust as the 8330, just wondering if you get that model, maybe you should think about an Otterbox or something tuff to house it in. Happy hunting!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-20-10 12:48 PM
    I doubt any warranty would cover all of the destruction you have done to your bb anyway. I know boost now offers phone insurance so it might be possible to get another 8330 minus your deductible. Just a thought.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-20-10 01:22 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD