Had this same problem as others .... smart dial enabled but calls fail .

enable smart dial and make sure you set the national calling number +1
    enter the area code

make sure you only have 7 digit phone numbers ( 555-5555 ) entered in your contact list - when canada went to 10 digit dialing we instincively entered the phone numbers with area codes into the address/contacts book remove the area code and long distance digit ie: 1 604
    01-22-09 10:27 PM
    I'm not on Rogers and I don't call Canada, but every phone number in my Address Book is a full 10-digit number and dialing works properly. Is your tip specific to Canadian users?
    01-22-09 10:51 PM
    I have over 300 contacts in my Outlook, some of them have phone numbers with the area code (+1 xxx-xxx-xxxx), and some of them don't. I�m in Canada and have to include area code when calling local numbers.

It's a nightmare I didn�t find a way to call any number that is recorded in my outlook as +1� And I can�t go and remove +1 for every single number in Outlook. I used Windows Mobile and Motorola phones and never had this kind of problem.
    02-19-09 10:42 PM
    I just finished half hour of conversation and troubleshooting with Rogers tech. support. At the end (after asking me to play with Smart Dialing settings and phone numbers in my directory), they turned off some feature for my device at their side (something about "automatic dialing zerro" or similar). It works without any problem
    02-20-09 12:38 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD