I wonder if this will become available for Blackberries?

Researchers at NTT DoCoMo have created an "intelligent" lithium-ion battery that monitors its health and status, and stores reports that are accessible by users. The battery has an embedded 8-bit microcomputer that records and stores the data. The information can then be called up by the user to see if the battery is performing properly, if it needs to be repaired or replaced. The information stays with the battery, so if it is swapped out into another phone, the information will still be available. NTT DoCoMo will have the battery ready for phones in 2009.
    07-26-08 07:48 AM
    Seems pretty cool and all, but not really necessary. When it stops holding a charge for as long as I need it to, or if it gets wet, then I replace it. Don't really need a report to tell me so.

I'm sure it would be handy for those who use their BB for company use, because you'd actually have something solid to show your boss when you want them to buy you a new battery
    07-26-08 11:13 AM
    I guess this will eventually be incorporated in every battery in the future. I think I'll wait till then.
    07-26-08 12:24 PM
    Sounds cool but I'm sure they will charge extra.
    07-27-08 09:23 PM
    Now that is craziness, who really needs this... seriously
    07-27-08 09:24 PM
    I heard they were making socks that tell you when you need new shoes

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-27-08 10:51 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD