I have a small problem with my 8330 and just wondering if there was a way to correct it

When I receive a message on mobile face book I get a message on my hotmail account and where I receive message where my text messages go and on the facebook app.. Is there a way set it up so I wont receive a text message or a message on hotmail

Cheers

So far I am loving my BB all i need now is to see what these things are really made for besides phone calls and text messaging
    01-17-09 11:46 AM
    That sounds like you need to change the settings on your facebook.
    07-28-09 07:43 AM
    There are notification options in facebook that will solve your problem. You need to log into facebook website, not through the facebook BB app.
    07-28-09 09:53 AM
    in facebook (full web version)

go

settings -> notifications

then turn off the email notifications

as for it showing up where your text messages are, that's your message window, where all your emails, txts, pins, and (if on) BBM messages show up. so if you disable the email, i believe it won't show up there anymore
    Last edited by huckduck; 07-28-09 at 11:59 AM.
    07-28-09 11:57 AM
    The Facebook app intercepts email alerts from Facebook and converts them to its alerts, which the Berry treats as texts. If you disable alert emails, you may lose the Facebook app alerts as well.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-28-09 02:23 PM
    oh true. I forgot about that. I tried filtering it on my friend's bb and she stopped receiving app notifications.
    07-29-09 04:20 AM
    To stop it from showing up in your message list go into the Facebook app press the Menu button > Options > Uncheck the box next to "Blackberry Message application"

As far as the emails, I have yet to figure out a way to stop them. I tried the way listed above as well us unchecking the "Leave email notification messages on server" and stopped receiving alerts through the app. Its a PITA, but I just log into my email account on the PC once a day - usually at night - and delete all of the Facebook notifications that are there.

07-29-09 05:58 AM
    I have my facebook setup through gmail/BIS. And the email received on gmail automatically get sent to the gmail trash. And still get my notifications. I have not changed any setting on facebook except having blackberry option set.

07-29-09 11:21 AM
    I think i changed my FB options so it does not email me anymore. go to the full site and look and see!
    07-29-09 01:12 PM
    When I delete FB app I get email alerts/FB installed I get them as alerts via app, that's how it works for me. No issues at all at that!

07-29-09 01:27 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD